• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Two Colt Gold Cups national match, one plain and one kinda fancy.

REB

Eagle Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
131   0
Reaction score
Recently acquired these two beauties. They are the new Gold Cups made after 2006 I think. They have adjustable rear sites dovetailed into the frame. The front site also looks dove tailed into the frame. The sites look solid but the rear is black and so is the front, when lining these up against a black bulls eye target my old eyes have a bit of a time focusing. The front and rear strap of the grip have nice serrations to help with a firm grip. The top of the slide also has serrations from the rear site to the front site to minimize glare from above. The trigger is skeletonized with serrations on the face of the trigger and is adjustable. It has very nice Colt bluing which you would expect on the Gold Cup. The grip on the non fancy one seems like it's walnut with the double diamonds around the screws and has the prancing horse Colt medallion. They have a national match barrels. The thumb safety has a very positive click when activated into place. The hammer on the non fancy one is all blued. The one I'm calling the fancy one is the same as above except for the grips which are an imitation pearl with goldish screws and the prancing horse medallion. The hammer is black on the top and bottom but the sides of the hammer are polished steel. Since I got this used I don't know if it came this way from the factory or some one before me prettied it up. Either way I really like them and intend to enjoy them . Unfortunately I have developed a shoulder problem I'm working through and haven't been able to shoot them yet. If you can add any information to this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3300.JPG
    IMG_3300.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3298.JPG
    IMG_3298.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom