• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taurus 24/7 G2C .45 acp questions for "one who may know"

JimmyJet

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Taurus 24/7 G2C in .45 acp from another ODT'er and thought the SA/DA trigger was not functioning as it should…. talked to customer service at the factory in Bainbridge, GA but all they gal could say was "send it to us…. it’s covered by our 'Lifetime Warranty'." Sent it to them and their service people said, we don’t have parts to support/can't fix the firearm…. though I couldn’t speak directly to anyone in repair or customer service that could say how the trigger system was designed or supposed to function. For various reasons, I wanted to keep the gun rather than trade in for a 9mm or 40 cal they presently market…. as I like the .45 and no other manufacturer presently has an offering with the size/weight/capacity of the Taurus PT145 or 24/7 compact.

So, now my question…. based on the owners manual doc, it says when loading the gun, the trigger remains in whatever condition it was in when another mag is inserted…. and what I have read in online forums seems to kinda confirm that…. but it still leaves me somewhat puzzled as that is not like other Taurus models I have or have had…. the PT145, G2C (9mm) and the full size 24/7 I owned are all SA/DA but every time the slide is racked, that places the gun in SA…. but with THIS 24/7, you have to hold the trigger all the way back, lock the slide back, insert the mag and release the slide in order for the gun to enter the SA condition…. otherwise the trigger is in DA with the first round chambered…. that seems really odd and I am posting this question on the forum to find out if anyone else has experience with this model and can confirm this….?

NOTE…. this post is not to discuss the good/bad of the Taurus handguns, so please, comment only if you have working knowledge of this particular handgun…. don’t hijack the thread in attempt to offer your personal opinion of the Taurus brand…. we can debate that in another thread…. feel free to DM me if you’re embarrassed to say you’ve had one before

TIA - JJ

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom