• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Two for two in the same spot.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Got me a good eatin doe tonight in the same spot I dropped the buck.
Ran up to the left of my ladder full speed and hit the brakes to feed on acorns right where the small buck did that I shot 2 weeks ago.
Could not get a broadside and she was facing me up the hill from me.
She kept looking right at me then grazing and seemed to get nervous each time she saw me looking at her through my Excalibur scope.
Finally I decided let's do this so when she lowered her head to eat I nailed her right at the base of the neck between the shoulder blades.
Lights out...... DRT just like the other one.

All right in the back woods..... Was running a garden hose through it in 20 min.

Spoiled friggin rotten.

i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_clownzilla_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps31e60e5a.jpg

i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_clownzilla_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps3a33057e.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have a great hunting spot in Dahlonega on the road just before Ridley store, man I miss that place..

Lotsa deer up here this year.

Wish those two nearly identical 8 pointers would show up again in my back yard.

They showed up last year recruiting young bucks for their batchelor group and were sparring with the young ones.....very cool to see in the back yard but they disappeared after that day.

Would be nice to see Mac daddy buck but I'm happy with these good eatin' does.

Nice shootin

Thanks.

She broke my bolt when she landed and flipped so when I dressed her out I almost got a surprize by my broadhead inside the chest cavity but I always reach into the chest cavity carefully especially after taking a spine shot.
If you've ever got nailed by a sharp busted up bone inside a deer you will know why.

I was able to twist the broadhead from the shaft and pulled the rest of the bolt out.

Man I love deer harvest......there's always something different with each one.

Back
Top Bottom