• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Two new toys in one day

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
Picked up the new Springfield Hellcat today to compare to my P365... And a new dueling tree to test them on!
76679901_10219538716033571_3419374325071872000_o.jpg

20191116_152722.jpg

Cool. Let us know your thoughts afterwards. I have been eye balling the Hellcat.

Shot a couple of hundred rounds alternating guns after each magazine. I am not sure which differences I would notice if I was not constantly alternating A/B every 10-12 rounds but these differences were clear for me:

1. Ergonomics: The Hellcat was a lot snappier to shoot. I am not sure I would have said that if I wasn't picking up the 365 immediately after, but it was noticeable. The Sig was just softer shooting. The front gap of the magazine with the frame is a lot wider on the Hellcat and there is some looseness with the magazine so it was pinching my pinkie. Mine came with an 11 and 13 rd, but the 11 rd had the pinkie extension which is not flush and has a gap. I'll swap out the base plate for a flush one and see if that helps.

2. Accuracy: The Hellcat was more accurate for me than the Sig. Maybe it's my older eyes and the late afternoon dimness, but the white "U" back post with the bright front had me on target much more quickly than the Sig with the blacked out back sights. When I was shooting the dueling tree hits on target were much faster with the Hellcat. I normally shoot with Trijicon HD's so the Hellcat sights were new to me but I really liked them.

3. Trigger: I thought the Sig trigger had a lighter pull with a better break, but not a huge difference. The Sig is also broken in and the Hellcat is new so we'll see how that plays out.

4. Reliability: Shot brass Speer Lawman 115 gr. Hellcat was 100% reliable. Sig had 2 FTF. First was failure to go into battery which I could feel so I hit the back of the slide and it fired. The second time I'm not sure what happened because I reflexively tap-rack-banged and it shot the next round fine. I have not cleaned the Sig since I got it and I am the second owner. Not sure if that was a factor.

5. Both gun mags were difficult to load to full capacity. I used a loader and even then was not so easy.

6. The dueling tree would have been more fun with my G19 or USP-C instead of these small carry guns.

Going to keep carrying my G19 until I'm more comfortable with one or the other. Just my 2 cents worth of experience.

Back
Top Bottom