• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UFOs are real

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
Well, the small plastic ones are real. ;)

I had this idea after I saw the new Squadron model of the fictional Haunebu II , Nazi flying saucer. I modified it heavily by taking off all of the guns, shaving and filling several areas. Then turning the bottom turrets into engines. I put plexiglass in the holes and lit it with hundreds of blue LEDs. I painted it "aluminum silver" with a few airbrushed areas of blue and then a weathered finished to show all of the rivets. The diorama is made of a wood base with foam landscape and HO size trees and center figure. The grass is static grass. All of it is sealed with spray glue and then lacquer spray. Since the photo, I have added a few extra evergreen trees to fill the gaps. The UFO is held in the air by an aluminum beam that runs through the center of the model. That beam is bolted to a steel rod that goes down to a steel plate in the base. The rear trees are hiding the steel support rod.

The base is 17" x 17" and it stands 14" tall.

DSCN0658.JPG

DSCN0659a.JPG
DSCN0640.JPG
DSCN0650.JPG
DSCN0659c.JPG

I always wanted to do a diorama from A New Hope of the Millennium Falcon in the Death Star hangar, but I've just never had the patience or talent for model building.

That is really cool. I guess you couldn't find any figures that looked like they were running while looking back in terror.
How much time did you spend on this, or how long were you working on it?

ep528cabd6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom