uncles mikes sling swivel

smcghee

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
has anyone installed one of these on a urika 2? i have read one post where a guy drilled a hole in his forend cap but it kinda makes me nervous because of the spring in the cap! just curious if anyone has done this!

Many shot guns have after market caps with a stud for the Uncle mikes type of mount. Some make a barrel clamp but I would look strong at that end cap and consider after market or modifying it to accept a stud mount.

Edit, I'm not awake.... Corrected the dumb, the cap is the most common method of attaching a sling to a pump/semi-auto.

Last edited:
Sorry Should have specified a little more I am talking about putting a stud in my cap. I have looks at the aftermarket caps but don't want to spend that kind of money and can't find any color besides black and the gun is camo so I want it to match.

The simple method would be to drill a hole that allows a pin/stud to pass through a drilled hole in your forend cap. The stud base needs a screw to prevent it from popping out. It should be fairly sturdy to support the weight and forces of a field gun.

Got $2.59 and a buddy who can drill a centered hole? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/366960/uncle-mikes-sling-swivel-stud-115-b-set?cm_vc=ProductFinding

If you don't need the other stud here is just the forend cap for $2.39. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/534909/grovtec-sling-swivel-stud-pack-7-8-machine-screw-with-spacer?cm_vc=ProductFinding

For a little extra trouble as it will require the cap to be drilled then tapped and threaded for $5.10. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/633381/yankee-hill-machine-threaded-sling-swivel-stud-steel?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I'd use cold blue to touch up the drill hole when done. The screw I'd red locktite it and cut the excess off with a dremel and touchup the cut metal with cold blue.

Edit, I'd use a small steel black washer rather than that plastic white one in the kit.

Last edited:
i can drill holes i can do the work im not worried about that im just worried about it affecting the foreend cap in any way. and how hard the cap will be to get back together when i take it apart.

I believe it just screws on and off. At the end watch out as the spring is typically under pressure and will attempt to escape to freedom. A plastic shopping bag helps coral the spring and any inserts.

This should be a basic maintenance step for any tube fed scattergun.

yea there are like 7 pieces i think in the cap itself its has the 'C' type snap ring holding everything in. im just worried about the stud sticking through and effecting the spring and all the parts but i guess ill just give it a try and if it messes up ill just buy a new one

The spring bears on the outside diameter, not the center. It really should be a non-issue. The issue I foresee potentially is the stud sticking far out and reducing the capacity by one round. Cut the excess off and all should be fine or tap and thread the drill hole and use the threaded $5.10 stud.

I can't see how you would mess this up but never underestimate the potential. It's a fairly common modification. No trail blazing here sir.

Back
Top Bottom