• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unpopular firearm opinions / stir the pot

Unpopular opinion here:

A .38 snubby revolver is about the worst possible choice for a newbie of small physical size or weaker hand strength (most women, and most of the elderly)....

A person who you cannot reasonably expect to spend a lot of time and money, buying ammo by the case, and investing hundreds of hours in dry fire practice in between live fire at the range...

... UNLESS you only want a noisemaker to cause a series of up to five loud "bangs" without any real hope of hitting the bad guy center of mass.

Small .38 special revolvers are the best-feeling and best-handling guns at the counter of a gun store, where they don't go "bang" and where the person dry-firing them (if that's allowed at all) can THINK they would actually hit that light switch on the wall on the other side of the room. But in real life, they're terrible choices that most folks can't hit diddly-squat with, and are unpleasant to shoot too. Making women way to stay home and do gardening rather than go to the shooting range.

ehhh... Mostly accurate assessment. IMO a light weight 38 snubby serves no useful purpose.

The all steel ones with 158 grain bullets are easy to hold steady and shoot to POI versus the popular lite weight models like the Smith air weights , Ruger LCR ,Titanium models , Taurus poly models with aluminium sleeves etc. I grew up shooting 38 snub nose and 4 inch barrel all steel revolvers. I bought a Ruger LCR and could not tell you where the bullet was going when I shot it. Traded it in at a loss.

ehhh... Mostly accurate assessment. IMO a light weight 38 snubby serves no useful purpose.

The all steel ones with 158 grain bullets are easy to hold steady and shoot to POI versus the popular lite weight models like the Smith air weights , Ruger LCR ,Titanium models , Taurus poly models with aluminium sleeves etc. I grew up shooting 38 snub nose and 4 inch barrel all steel revolvers. I bought a Ruger LCR and could not tell you where the bullet was going when I shot it. Traded it in at a loss.
I really like my J frame 638 airweight. At 10 yards it is quite accurate, shooting double action.

I've seen guys who were incredible shooting airweight J frames. Those guns are very useful in the right hands.

I watched my 85 year old dad put 4 out of 5 in the same hole with his Smith and Wesson Airweight at 18 yards. He was possibly the best pistol shot I ever knew though. I couldn't do that with any handgun, much less a snub nose revolver.

Shotguns are best for home defense.
i thank so to
I watched my 85 year old dad put 4 out of 5 in the same hole with his Smith and Wesson Airweight at 18 yards. He was possibly the best pistol shot I ever knew though. I couldn't do that with any handgun, much less a snub nose revolver.
I know what you mean there -- I just can keep them in a pie plate at 15 yards with my HK P30

If you sell a gun, you must share how many rounds are down the pipe. This is very important on military surplus firearms.

1642886000435.png

OK - I'll start.

If you're worried about a "Glock smiley," you're a poser who needs to shoot your guns more. :becky:

View attachment 3896872
Lord help us , with that lack or trigger discipline he's gonna hurt or kill that poor horse + I love seeing pictures of my wife
s lover looking stupid it should help in the divorce . LOL ;)

Back
Top Bottom