Unsafe!

my jeep had a similar issue. Mine was the result of a failed electronic throttle control unit. Dealer replaced it and all was good. Your symptoms sound like mine.. basically the vehicle kicked over to "safe mode"

mine happended intermittently, but fortunately the code was stored.

Ford is unwilling to do anything without the code. So, yuck fou Ford motor company. They know about the issue but would rather let us walk with an unreliable vehicle. That's piss poor customer service.

My girlfreind has an 07' Ford Edge and something very similar happened to her last week. She took it to the dealership and they said it was a bad sensor. They replaced the sensor and it drives fine now.

Ford is unwilling to do anything without the code. So, yuck fou Ford motor company. They know about the issue but would rather let us walk with an unreliable vehicle. That's piss poor customer service.
Don't deal with the dealership, call and write to FORD corporate customer service. Be mad ! upset! but not belligerent. and stress that you feel unsafe! Make sure everything is documented phone calls, names, times. And then see what happens. hope this helps.

The code should store in the ECU until cleared. When you shut the car off it wouldn't have cleared it. It would have just check to see if the problem persist and if it didn't then your CEL won't come back on. That code should still be in there unless one of the mechanics at the dealership cleared all codes.

It's kinda like I told the service manager at the Chevrolet dealership once when they could not get a thump out of my Tahoe automatic transmission for the third time. I says " You know, I bet the people at the Toyota dealership are just as incompetent and non caring as you but the difference is I NEVER GET TO MEET THEM." (Because they don't tear up)

It's kinda like I told the service manager at the Chevrolet dealership once when they could not get a thump out of my Tahoe automatic transmission for the third time. I says " You know, I bet the people at the Toyota dealership are just as incompetent and non caring as you but the difference is I NEVER GET TO MEET THEM." (Because they don't tear up)
Right!! After they accelerate out of control, they total!! (sorry I had to)

The code should store in the ECU until cleared. When you shut the car off it wouldn't have cleared it. It would have just check to see if the problem persist and if it didn't then your CEL won't come back on. That code should still be in there unless one of the mechanics at the dealership cleared all codes.

Apperently, if the computer cycles 5 times and it doesn't have the same error happening it deletes the code. Thats what the Tech told me as well as what I've read from other people that have had the same issue happen. If the computer doesn't continue to have the same issue it just deletes it. Thats really stupid if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom