• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Untrusted Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requests for removing negative feedback should require a more in-depth review.

I made an agreement with a newer member to purchase an item he had listed, and he cancelled at 9:15pm the night before because he "had to sell it to a family member". Less than a week later, the SAME gun was posted for sale by another member (same SN could be seen and verified through pics).

I left negative feedback due to the BLATANT dishonesty of the original seller. I even tried explaining to him that it was not a matter of him cancelling on me-- it was due to his utter lack of character, unnecessary lies, and refusal to be honest with fellow ODT members in the future. I tried explaining to him that ODT is a COMMUNITY, not FB marketplace or craigslist. On top of that, I even offered to remove the negative feedback if he would simply agree to be honest from now on in dealing with fellow members in the future-- and for some reason he could not make that agreement.

If someone cannot agree to be honest, they do not belong here. When one of us tells lies and is dishonest, it makes the rest of us look bad and discourages mutual assistance between members.

The negative feedback I left him was removed (I assume by his own request) -- and considering this member's extreme lack of integrity, it should not have been removed and he should not be trusted. I do not want to publicly post this member's username, but moderators please message me if you would like his information. Also, I cannot find any way to "block" this member (or any member for that matter). How can I block this member?

See screenshots below for transcripts.

View attachment 3347030
View attachment 3347031
View attachment 3347032
View attachment 3347033
Had the same thing happen to me, a few hours before meet this guy calls off deal to sell to brother....no later than six month's later posted said item complaining of brother stiffing him on deal to purchase .............I sent him a pm ' Remember me ??? ' karma .......

go to settings, click on My Feedback, go to right hand side and scroll down. see if that gets you there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom