• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update on my friend

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
Three months ago I posted this "Go Fund Me" link about my friend Laura in Cleveland, GA and her family.

Heres the update; Her son was the passenger in a horrific car accident and suffered extensive injuries and brain trauma.
He's now out of the hospital. He has brain damage that will undoubtedly interfere with his post High School plan to join The Army. Right now his short term memory tends to reset itself and he finds himself forgetting things he had been talking about 15-30 minutes ago.
Because of his hospital stay, his school decided to tell him he won't be able to walk with his class when they graduate. They think that it's for the best because if he was allowed to walk with them, he wouldn't come back to finish his grade. He can't ride the bus out of fear of getting his head bumped again so Laura drives him.
He still attends out patient therapy.

I've done as much as I can financially to help my friend. @Ringleader has helped out and I am very grateful for his efforts.

Laura is trying to find work now. She lost her job as a farm hand because she had to stay home with her son for a few months. She's actively seeking work and she's had some interviews. Her land lord has been an absolute prince in all of this and letting her postpone paying her rent until she's able to do so, but he can't do that forever.
The utility companies have been, well, utility companies.
But she hasn't given up and in a situation that would drive many people crazy, she's managed to keep her head, care for her kids and keep the wolf from the door every day.
She's trying to keep the rental home she and her family are living in and just needs some help getting caught up with the basic bills like rent and power and water.

If you find yourself with some spare cash this payday please consider helping my friend out.

Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom