Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Ok, I think we are finally closing in on being done. Most of the issues I have seen have been addressed, if you are still having an issue with anything please post again in this thread. I may not reply much but I am watching the issues and trying to address them as quickly as possible.

Here are the major updates, many other things have been fixed as well:
  • Relisting - It looks like a lot of the relisting issues are just an incompatibility with the way the old ads were created and how the new ads are done now. If you have an ad that was created on the old system you will need to create a new ad when it is time to relist. That will resolve a lot of this.
    Search -Search will be messed up for a few hours as the search index is rebuilt. Search should be way closer to normal after this than it was yesterday.
  • Bookmarks - These should be fixed now. I'm sorry I didn't have a solution in place for this before the upgrade.
  • The Feed - My developer is working on it now and it should be ready very soon, within days.
  • Want to Buy Ads - You should be able to post these with no issues now
  • Desktop Style - In mobile there is a pop up at the bottom to take you to the desktop styles. I'll have a better solution in place soon.
  • Mobile style issues - Next to the logo there are three lines, click this and it brings up all the info you're used to seeing at the top. I think a lot of people are missing this and think everything is gone. I will work on a way to point this out better.
  • New ranks - People have been asking where to find them, they are all listed with the other account upgrades in your settings. Here's a link: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/account/upgrades
  • Calibers in classifieds - Sorry, everyone had a 10mm for a day. I have added many more calibers to the list now and can add more if everyone feels like I missed a popular round.
  • Keyword Alerts - Supporters can now find in their settings. Try it out and let me know if it works or not, I haven't gotten to really test it since our search has been broken most of the night.
  • Google Sign In - This should be working now.
If you are getting any errors when you visit the site through a bookmark please reset the bookmark to www.theoutdoorstrader.com and you should be fine. Over the years there have been many different address variations that would bring you to the homepage and it looks like some of those broke this time around.

Most searches don’t return any results, also when I try to use filters, is there a way or an option for the old style interface or is this the new odt
This should improve in the next few hours as the search index is rebuilt.
Golly gee wiz. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Moderator approved comment.) :lol:
It was very broken and held together with glue and tape. This was a very much needed upgrade, probably a couple years late really.

Ok, I think we are finally closing in on being done. Most of the issues I have seen have been addressed, if you are still having an issue with anything please post again in this thread. I may not reply much but I am watching the issues and trying to address them as quickly as possible.

Here are the major updates, many other things have been fixed as well:
  • Want to Buy Ads - You should be able to post these with no issues now
  • Bookmarks - These should be fixed now. I'm sorry I didn't have a solution in place for this before the upgrade.
  • The Feed - My developer is working on it now and it should be ready very soon, within days.
  • Search - Search should be improved now. The search index is rebuilding now so results may be spotty for the next couple hours.
  • Desktop Style - In mobile there is a pop up at the bottom to take you to the desktop styles. I'll have a better solution in place soon.
  • Mobile style issues - Next to the logo there are three lines, click this and it brings up all the info you're used to seeing at the top. I think a lot of people are missing this and think everything is gone. I will work on a way to point this out better.
  • New ranks - People have been asking where to find them, they are all listed with the other account upgrades in your settings. Here's a link: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/account/upgrades
  • Calibers in classifieds - Sorry, everyone had a 10mm for a day. I have added many more calibers to the list now and can add more if everyone feels like I missed a popular round.
  • Keyword Alerts - Supporters can now find in their settings. Try it out and let me know if it works or not, I haven't gotten to really test it since our search has been broken most of the night.
  • Google Sign In - This should be working now.
If you are getting any errors when you visit the site through a bookmark please reset the bookmark to www.theoutdoorstrader.com and you should be fine. Over the years there have been many different address variations that would bring you to the homepage and it looks like some of those broke this time around.
Will your listings have a “viewed” tally or is that feature being removed. Knowing how many views you get really helps in valuing a trade.

Will your listings have a “viewed” tally or is that feature being removed. Knowing how many views you get really helps in valuing a trade.
Where are you not seeing them? I'm guessing they used to show somewhere and they aren't now.

The site still tracks views, I see them here:
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.48.35 AM.png

Where are you not seeing them? I'm guessing they used to show somewhere and they aren't now.

The site still tracks views, I see them here:
View attachment 3382786
I’m not sure if they are visible. I went to classifieds and then selected “my listings”. This is all the is currently show. See below screenshot.

Attachments

• C054DACF-E92E-4022-9CE0-FEAB0C4704A2.png
    C054DACF-E92E-4022-9CE0-FEAB0C4704A2.png
    249 KB · Views: 27
I’m not sure if they are visible. I went to classifieds and then selected “my listings”. This is all the is currently show. See below screenshot.
Ok I'll make a note to try and add views to that page, might take a couple days because that's not as urgent as some other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom