!Urgent! Georgia Stand Your Ground in Danger

Adeste

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
NRA-ILA
Georgia: Self-Defense Under Attack

cs3iGVaxBbV300t1HrGBqNf6Yz4sPmdX2joyBQ9wJ8IszlBtjprwFd-OkcVz7KmS2I3Bd12rpsrfMtpCqDm0dpJP9WU=s0-d-e1-ft
Barring postponement due to inclement weather, tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., the state Senate Judiciary Non-Civil Committee will hold a hearing on legislation that attacks your inherent right to self-defense. Senate Bill 280, sponsored by state Senator Vincent Fort (D-39), would repeal an integral portion of Georgia’s self-defense law that allows an individual to defend themselves without a duty to retreat, putting your fundamental right to self-defense in jeopardy.

SB 280 is dangerous legislation that stands to empower and benefit violent criminals in their attacks on law-abiding citizens. Law-abiding citizens should not fear criminal prosecution when they stand their ground and defend themselves without retreating from any place they have a legal right to be. This type of senseless and politically motivated legislation puts the rights of the criminal before the rights of a potential victim, and must be stopped.

Please contact members of the Senate committee TODAY and urge them to oppose SB 280 as a misguided infringement on your right to self-defense. Tell them that victims should have the protection of the law, NOT criminals! This Senate committee members’ contact information is provided below:

Senate Judiciary Non-Civil Committee:

Senator Jesse Stone, Chairman
(404) 463-1314
jesse.stone@senate.ga.gov

Senator William T. Ligon, Jr., Vice-Chairman
(404) 656-0045
william.ligon@senate.ga.gov

Senator Curt Thompson, Secretary
(404) 463-1318
curt@curtthompson.com

Senator Joshua McKoon, Ex-Officio
(404) 463-3931
jrm2016@yahoo.com

Senator Charlie Bethel
(404) 651-7738
charlie.bethel@senate.ga.gov

Senator John Crosby
(404) 463-5258
John.Crosby@senate.ga.gov

Senator Vincent Fort
(404) 656-5091
vincent.fort@senate.ga.gov

Senator Hunter Hill
(404) 463-2518
Hunter.Hill@senate.ga.gov

Senator Ronald B. Ramsey, Sr.
(404) 463-2598
ronald.ramsey@senate.ga.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
emails send to all email addresses...ridiculous.

My letter if you want to use any part of it.

SB 280 is a misguided infringement on my inherent right to self defense in my home. I vehemently oppose any bill that reduces my right to defend myself and my family in my home. SB280 would give more rights to criminals. I urge you to NOT support SB 280, and leave the stand your ground laws in GA ALONE.

I have 5 children in my home, and 3 pets, how do you expect me to retreat in the face of a criminal home invasion? Am I supposed to ask the criminal to wait a second, I have to gather up the kids, and the pets and then they can do as they please. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

If you do vote for SB 280, I will not vote for you in the next election, I feel strongly that any changes to the stand your ground and castle laws in GA are a mistake.

This legislation is senseless and politically motivated and puts the rights of the criminals AHEAD of the rights of the law abiding potential victim and their families.

If you care about protecting children, and law abiding citizens vote AGAINST this ridiculous legislation.

If you care to protect criminals you should not be in office, and I will make sure that my social networks do not forget those that vote for this....the fact that this is even being considered is ludicrous.

vincent fort aka " one note johnny".

This is All he does, wonder why he isn't serving his constituents instead of loading a new pile of crap every week that hurts law abiders and helps criminals.

Back
Top Bottom