Value of a rare 9mm?

GunCat

Default rank <300 posts
In a dog-eat-dog world, I'm just a cat with a gun.
18   0
Reaction score
I understand that Tanfoglios don't always command a lot of value, but a few years ago, I came across a Tanfoglio Ultra. The "IPSC Approved" version, with the longer, ported barrel, extended mag release/safety, beveled mag well, competition trigger, etc. Exceptionally accurate. Nearly feels like a .22, to me.

And I know that "rare" doesn't equal valuable by default.

But given how few of these there are out there....it's hard for me to determine a reasonable asking price, as I'm giving thought to selling it. Though, I suppose I could just ask whatever I want for it, and see what offers I get...I'd just rather not look stupid and be in the wrong ball park...

Thoughts?

Ultra.jpg

One was listed on here a couple years ago for $460. I found one result at GunBroker which sold for $399 plus shipping. Not much of a sample size to go on.

I appreciate the responses.

And like I said, I know that "rare" does not intrinsically mean "valuable." $425-450 doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

But, that tells me it's more valuable to me than my bank account. So I'll be hanging onto it. :thumb:

considering that you can buy a New Tanfoglio competition weapon (Beginning at price and goes up) at around 750-850 out the door.
that weapon will have be a high polish blue upper, a hard chrome lower, adjustable target sight, single action fully adjustable trigger, and all the other completion goodies the used discontinued weapon isn't going to bring a lot of money.
I agree I would just keep it and shoot/enjoy it myself.
being a 9 MM that's a great range caliber and the weapon should be if not the most accurate then one of the most accurate that you own. enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom