• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value question about this m1 carbine

I like M1 carbines, and I wish more people would use them for defense , and training new shooters (esp. women, kids, and short / skinny guys) the art of rifle shooting.

I have always liked them myself. I think they are really cool and agree they make good defense rifles. My uncle, who was a scout in Patton's third Army carried one throughout the war, so I have always had a nostalgic place for them.

I may keep it and teach my son with it. He is already shooting .22, iron sights, and doing excellent for a 5 year old, and I believe the m1 carbine would be a good next step for him, now that you mention it. Add in the historical significance and it makes for something really good. Sure, it's not an original, but it is still a very cool rifle.

Thanks guys for chiming in. I believe it is a Universal. I would not care either way if I had not considered trading it. I want to be absolutely certain of something before I try selling it...It was given to me from a guy who owed me some money and no question the gun is worth more than what he owed me, so I am happy.

Non USGI really does cap the value.

Not necessarily the fun to shoot value though!

Enjoy it with your kids and don't worry about the value.

Definitely an Universal op rod, later generation. Needless to say the rest should be universal also. It should say Universal, Hialeah, FL on it. Universals, especially non Gen1 like this, are at the bottom of the M1 carbine totem pole, most true carbine people do not own one. Value, if all parts are still intact is in the $350 range.

Back
Top Bottom