• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vertical Grip vs Handstop

OK, question... if you are using a short VFG as a handstop, why not just use a hand-stop? Is there a secondary use where the 'grip' part would come into play?

The handstops I have tried are very short. When I'm running the gun fast and aggressive, I had a tendency to override the handstop, so I needed something more positive.

cmshoot cmshoot can answer this better I'm sure but my thinking behind it is that it would just give a little more surface to use as a reference and to help pull the rifle into your shoulder better.

This, too.

Vertical Magpul Moe grip works best for me .

I like it out on the end of the rail on my m4 ,so by using both grips ,I can plant the weapon solid into my shoulder.

Magpul RVG on all of my rifles. The palm swell of my support hand rides the 9 o'clock position on the rail with my thumb over the top and fingers on the grip.

I tied the hand stop route but as others have mentioned, it was too small and wasn't repeatable enough for me. Also, the RVG gives me another option when heat becomes an issue...Which on two of my suppressed rifles is a consideration.

AFG or nothing for me. If you use it for HD keep it slim and tight for room clearing. I usually keep a 20rd mag in it
1.jpg
2.jpg

I have a Magpul handstop that I use just a piece of it. I fit it between my index and middle fingers with my thumb over top of the rail. Works for me. Tried an angled foregrip and didn't like how it felt.

20161003_183810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom