• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Veterans Discounts at Businesses

How does it discriminate? its their policy. Just because somebody does 6 years are they entitled to discounts for life? If you go around any active duty installation any discounts are for Active service members.
I believe I said it was their store and their rules and also that it was my opinion. I am entitled to that. Thanks.

That clarification makes my choice easier. I'll take my business to Lowes and it is a shame too since my town only has a HD not Lowes.

Speaking of veterans, next Sunday you can start shopping at the PX via online only. I went ahead and got verified and they let me beta test it and I ordered and received a new jacket this morning. Verification is easy and only takes a couple of minutes then you get the answer in about a day.

Had a latina at home depot deny my indefinite issue mil I.d. I asked for the lgbtq
Discount and she turn me down for that one too. I then went to lowes where they honored it. I guess we need to help Arthur blank build a bigger stadium.

They give discounts to ALL vets on Veterans day, and Memorial Day that's thanking you for your service. If a company gave a discount to ALL Vets think about the BILLIONS of dollars they would loose.

They give discounts to ALL vets on Veterans day, and Memorial Day that's thanking you for your service. If a company gave a discount to ALL Vets think about the BILLIONS of dollars they would loose.

Ugh, they aren't losing money when they make a sale. Not only am I a vet, but also a former retail manager and business owner.

Part of the problem is that we as vets feel entitled, Are First responders, Teachers or Doctors getting the same discounts? They Do just as much for the country as we did. You did your service, you benefitted while you served, be thankful for that. Im retired AND 60% disabled but half the time unless its a large purchase I go thru self checkout and don't even ask for a discount.

J jeep78 , as a Former business owner would you give a 10% discount to EVERY veteran in the country that served. what about the people that just went to Basic, washed out and got a honorable discount? the dirt bags that got chaptered out "under honorable conditions" etc. you have to draw the line somewhere. After Bergdahl's lawyers get his discharge upgraded do you think he deserves one for the rest of his life?

I cant understand how or why anyone is upset by this. I'm medically retired with a service-connected disability and 10 years of service between 2 branches and I don't go around asking for discounts anywhere. I guess I just dont understand the sense of entitlement or feel that anyone owes me anything for what I chose to do with my life.

I'm sure you can find plenty of businesses that offer no discount at all, do you people refuse to shop at those businesses entirely? Bass Pro Shops' military discount is only available for items that are not already discounted or on sale, are y'all gonna get mad at them too?

So nice to see that the entitlement mentality affects veterans as well.

Not getting a discount because you put in your enlistment is hardly discrimination. Active, Reserve and Retired all draw a GI paycheck. Reserve and Retired are subject to recall to active status.

You were discharged - none of the above applies to you.

If there is someplace that offers a Veteran discount, be grateful for it and gracious in accepting it. You aren't entitled to anything simply because you served.

10 years Active/5 Reserve.

Back
Top Bottom