• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Video proof open carry is a bad idea?

If you open carry you need a double or active retention holster at least. You also give up your element of surprise. I hate when I'm on the bike and my shirt rides up. On the the highway I dont mind but on the streets, in traffic I feel very conscientious about it.
I find myself checking to make sure my vest is covering mine at red lights, it covers all but about an inch of the barrel most of the time.

Responsible? You mean like the guy in the video? Name one good thing that comes from open carry...

It makes many people uncomfortable, it feeds anti-gunner rhetoric, it alerts a bad guy that you're armed (and you'll be the first to get disarmed or shot), and it generally makes the carrier look like a douche cop wanna be. I support responsible gun ownership - open carry is not responsible gun ownership in my opinion. If you're on your ranch/farm/forest/hunting lease, it serves a purpose. If you're in McDonald's, it's stupid.

^^^^ Nailed It. Truth.

Sooo let's start a debate. Which is worse, open carrying or leaving it in your car?

HTH, I agree with you on almost every issue. However, that's just a dumb question. You don't leave a gun in your car. But, that doesn't mean open carry is the best alternative.

Just because it's your right, doesn't mean it's smart. I have the right to ride my motorcycle in a Speedo, but it's not smart.

HTH, I agree with you on almost every issue. However, that's just a dumb question. You don't leave a gun in your car. But, that doesn't mean open carry is the best alternative.

Just because it's your right, doesn't mean it's smart. I have the right to ride my motorcycle in a Speedo, but it's not smart.
Sounds like you agree with me on this one as well! I only CC. Never had the urge to open carry. I was just kicking the fire a little bit! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom