Vintage Redfield 1x-4x .... any good?

ErfurtLuger

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
163   0
Reaction score
So I bought this scope at a yard sale, it is Redfield 1x-4x, pretty old but never used, no dents, no scratches, absolutely no signs of use. Came with the box, manual of some kind, warranty card, etc. The glass shows it's age (no scratches though) but the image is still pretty good. The only problem is I know nothing about it except that it is variable magnification 1x-4x, has 1 inch tube, and 4-plex reticle. I wonder if this is a rimfire scope or if it can handle shotgun recoil? Is it any good? Any info is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMAG0715.jpg
    IMAG0715.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0716.jpg
    IMAG0716.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0717.jpg
    IMAG0717.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0718.jpg
    IMAG0718.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Redfield does were top of the line for a while. If like to find an old fixed 4x to put on a 22. My dad has a fixed 4x on his 300 savage and it holds zero just fine.

That's a great scope and if you want to sell it I'll beat both their offers. ;)
Thank you, I am not really sure yet, I am looking for a scope for my Saiga 7.62x39 and I am trying to gather some info about this one and make sure if it would be good enough and hold zero. I sure won't put any scope marks on it before I am absolutely positive I'll keep it on my rifle! If I decide to sell it I will put it in the "For sale" section. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Only problem I could see with putting it on a Saiga would be eye relief. I have the same scope on a Ruger #1 chambered in 45/70 and its been there for 30 years so I doubt recoil will be an issue.

Thanks for the input guys, I can't find anything bad about this scope on the internet besides the fact that it can't really compare to the newer scopes, they are generally clearer, with better light transmission etc., but I think it is still a descent scope that will hold zero no matter what!

Back
Top Bottom