• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Virginia

CherryCola

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know the carry laws in VA? I'll be staying there as a "Half Way Point" when I move.

I found this:

Open carry of a handgun without a permit is legal in Virginia at age 18, withstanding other applicable laws. Concealed carry of a handgun is allowed for persons who hold a valid CHP, comply with certain restrictions, or who hold certain positions. Virginia shall issue a CHP to applicants 21 years of age or older, provided that they meet certain safety training requirements and do not have any disqualifying criminal convictions. Consuming an alcoholic beverage in ABC on-premise licensed restaurants and clubs, while carrying a concealed handgun, is prohibited; nor may any person carry a concealed handgun in a public place while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Those laws pertaining to alcohol do not apply to openly carried handguns, however possession of a firearm can compound the penalty for various other offenses, including illegal drug possession.

But can anyone confirm that I can Open Carry without a permit?

I lived in VA and everything there is confusing I know you have to have a firearms class under your belt or a hunter safety class. To buy a pistol you need to be 21. You can have a pistol at any age and if your working armed security you can carry your pistol under 21 but thats only on the job

Back
Top Bottom