VZ-26 Sub gun

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
Has anyone ever owned/shot/built one of these before? I've seen a few places online that sell 80% receivers and ive seen the parts kits floating around and becoming more prevalent. I want to say i also saw an article in a magazine a while back that mentioned Radom working to export these into the US with the stocks fixed (id SBR mine of course if built). Ive seen some examples online of the original 7.62x25mm version and also a version in 9mm. I was mainly wondering on how difficult a build this would be, dont think id have the time for it but possibly farm it out to a professional.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/product-p/vz26d.htm

I've seen these in The Shotgun News over the years. I'd like to build one into pistol form and just toss the shoulder stock. The 7.62 round is hot and I like it but the 9mm version would be better to me. What I would say is most important would be was this an open or closed bolt operating gun? If it was designed as an open bolt then it's gonna be more of a pain in the ass to build cause you will have to come up with several newly fabbed parts to make fire from the closed bolt and therefore legal.

I have an old Shotgun News from about 2007 where there's home gunsmithing article about building your own semi only Sten. The author had to order a parts kit and an extra bolt. he did that because he knew he'd have to drill the bolt for a spring loaded firing pin and he expected to screw up the first time. It was a neat project that used some AR trigger parts. Only downside is that a Sten looks funny with a 16" barrel. Kinda like an Uzi carbine.

I've seen these in The Shotgun News over the years. I'd like to build one into pistol form and just toss the shoulder stock. The 7.62 round is hot and I like it but the 9mm version would be better to me. What I would say is most important would be was this an open or closed bolt operating gun? If it was designed as an open bolt then it's gonna be more of a pain in the ass to build cause you will have to come up with several newly fabbed parts to make fire from the closed bolt and therefore legal.

I have an old Shotgun News from about 2007 where there's home gunsmithing article about building your own semi only Sten. The author had to order a parts kit and an extra bolt. he did that because he knew he'd have to drill the bolt for a spring loaded firing pin and he expected to screw up the first time. It was a neat project that used some AR trigger parts. Only downside is that a Sten looks funny with a 16" barrel. Kinda like an Uzi carbine.
This. Your best bet is to build a semi auto STEN. You can find closed bolt semi auto kits for not a whole lot of money and make a cool little pistol. These would take a big investment of money.

I have a sterling already which fills the sten spot in my closet right now, just wondering for a ballpark # since it would def fit in the collection and be a different gun you dont see often

I have a sterling already which fills the sten spot in my closet right now, just wondering for a ballpark # since it would def fit in the collection and be a different gun you dont see often

IF your willing to spend I am sure someone can clone a vz-26 kit like they did with the sten to make it a closed bolt semi auto. Speak to dobbs. He may be able to put something together for you.

Back
Top Bottom