• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Vz. 52 7.62x45. Say what???

You ever used one? From what I've read the x45 mags don't feed x39 reliably, and the inserts aren't very reliable either.
I ordered an insert from MCA sports for another rifle, so I'll let you know. I got one of those sketchy 1916 Mausers that were re-barreled in .308 and I am converting it to shoot 7.62x39.
With regard to mags, you would probably best be served getting the mags for x39. They are about $100 each though... would be cool if you could convert it to take AK mags

I ordered an insert from MCA sports for another rifle, so I'll let you know. I got one of those sketchy 1916 Mausers that were re-barreled in .308 and I am converting it to shoot 7.62x39.
With regard to mags, you would probably best be served getting the mags for x39. They are about $100 each though... would be cool if you could convert it to take AK mags

Ehhh. I'm not a fan of chopping up milsurps, or really any gun. I uglied up a perfectly good mini14 knocking the front sight off trying to modernize it about 6-7 years ago when I thought everything needed to be black and covered in rails. It haunts me to this day. Fortunately everything I did is reversible.

My brother also ruined a 98 mauser, and a 1903 springfield about 15 years ago when we were in highschool sporterizing them for hunting. Now we wish we had left them alone.

Ehhh. I'm not a fan of chopping up milsurps, or really any gun. I uglied up a perfectly good mini14 knocking the front sight off trying to modernize it about 6-7 years ago when I thought everything needed to be black and covered in rails. It haunts me to this day. Fortunately everything I did is reversible.

My brother also ruined a 98 mauser, and a 1903 springfield about 15 years ago when we were in highschool sporterizing them for hunting. Now we wish we had left them alone.

I think I'm gonna just wait on a Russian sks to pop up. Anyone got a lead on an Izhevsk? Haha

Have 4 of them and about 1000 rounds,barrels are usually pretty bad. My first one would blow the mag off it had so much blow back,so it went back and they sent me another.

It's just an insert - it's removable. I'm also doing this to what amounts to a sh** gun anyways, so I don't feel bad about it. IMO it's not really a bubba job if it's easy to undo. It's understandable that you dont want to screw with it though. A VZ is worth double what my Mauser is worth.

I remember seeing ammo for these at Adventure Outdoors 7 or 8 years ago. I remember it because of how odd it was.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom