• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

VZ58 (CAI), 5 mags, sling, and mag pouch $499

I got me a handguard from Zahal and I am going to attach a forward grip for the same reason. Other than that the gun is solid!

Was looking at the Zahal hand rail... Did you have to remove the heat shield from the original hand guard? Were you able to remove the heat shield without breaking off those 2 tabs? If I go this route, I want to be able to go back to original

Was looking at the Zahal hand rail... Did you have to remove the heat shield from the original hand guard? Were you able to remove the heat shield without breaking off those 2 tabs? If I go this route, I want to be able to go back to original
You do have to remove the heat shield from under the upper handguard, I didn't break anything, just be careful and don't rush it. The pin that holds the lower handguard took me awhile to get out but I did. The hardest part was to put the heat shield to the new upper handguard, it required some filing but not too bad. Overall, it took me about 30 minutes to do it but I had my 4 year old helping me :)

Here is a pic:
20140121_191221.jpg

Next I need to replace the pistol grip with a black polymer one and to add a front grip.

Thanks.... I am looking at 3 Zahal components.... The same hand guard, the matching pistol grip and their folding stock... Will leave the 2nd one as it came..

4 year old apprentices can only make this kind of job go better

Did you consider this .....
www.zahal.org_files_images_fab_New05.10_vts_combo_ptk_sa58_combo_front.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom