• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wait... I don't get it.. why ammo?

Hey Tommy, how's that 22 MP5? I am thinking about getting a 22. Don't know if I want m4 style or mp5 style... Since I can't freaking find real ammo!

Prepared? What is considered prepared and not? If worst comes to worst. If you only have 10 mags 30 rds each, you're only going to hold 300rds at most. If things are heated you're not going to beable reload them without getting owned. So why have more than mag capacity? I have 2,000 9mm and 1k .223. Is that enough? If we talking about hobby and shooting for fun, then no, that's not enough!

Should be enough till the bodies start stacking up then just take what you need off the bodies...

This thread is full of Internet win.

What? This where I come to get all my truthyness

i881.photobucket.com_albums_ac11_sophie0hp_GIF_vou54i.gif

A couple of folks have already mentioned it but it's panic buying and thousands of new shooters looking to feed their new firearms. Prices will come back down. They have to. I've just been buying the things I want that aren't currently inflated.

I think a lot of it was the rush to buy new firearms led to a run on ammo to feed them. Once store shelves started getting low, it became a self-fulfilling prophesy.

It didn't help that the Feinstein bill text got released, and would make online sales illegal and require reporting for bulk ammo sales (over a few hundred I think).

Based on the 2008 shortage, we're in for a year or so of tight ammo assuming nothing else goes south. Just another reason people are stocking up.

I have email alerts on a couple different websites to let me know when .22 come into stock. I received an email yesterday afternoon on my cell phone at 3:35 pm as I was walking into the house with some bags of groceries. I set the bags down, clicked the link and saw where it was in stock. I left the bags in the driveway, walked into the house to my desk top computer and go to the website... no kidding, maybe... MAYBE 3 minutes TOPS... it was all gone.

....but .22??? I see it going for $40 a box....thats crazy..... $700 for 5000.....wtf.....so much for plinking.....glad I kept a decent supply....

Back
Top Bottom