Waiting For Superman?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Just watched it.

If you want to see what is wrong with our schools, check it out. If you want to remain happy and optimistic about the future of our country, don't.

-We have created one hell of a mess by allowing teacher's unions to run things in their own interests rather than in the interest of the kids or the taxpayers.

Just watched it.

If you want to see what is wrong with our schools, check it out. If you want to remain happy and optimistic about the future of our country, don't.

-We have created one hell of a mess by allowing teacher's unions to run things in their own interests rather than in the interest of the kids or the taxpayers.

I need to look it up. Me and my now X-wife made the decision to home school our 5 kids for as long as we could which was for about 8 years. Now they are in a private school, 1 has graduated and one is now a senior. I would prob have a vacation home somewhere around Blueridge with the money I have spent to educate my children but I would not change a thing. People need to get involved in their kids education and stop thinking these school systems know what the hell they are doing. I know a lot of parents do take an interest but a lot more simply use the school systems as a nanny to watch their kids during the day. And forget all the stuff about how home schooled kids will miss the "interaction" with other kids. They have plenty of friends and play sports and social interaction is not a problem.

Last edited:
It is on Netflix...

I think it came out in 2010.

The guy mainly looks at failing inner city schools, but holy crap! We have a system in this country where you can't fix failing schools or fire horrible teachers. The most amazing part to me was in NYC. There ius a place there called "the rubber room" where teachers who are so bad that they are no longer allowed to have contact with students go. These people are awaiting disciplinary action for all sorts of stuff ranging from excessive absences to child molestation. They report to this place for 7 hours of playing cards, or reading, or whatever each workday. They just don't do anything. And there are 600 of them! 600 teachers who suchk so bad that they aren't allowed to teach, and they can't be fired!

That is just the tip of the iceberg, though! Our system is totally broken. And the teachers unions have broken it. You watch that movie, and you will want to burn public unions to the ground!

-And of course, the bottom line is about money. The teachers unions are the largest political contributors in the country. And 90% goes to democrats!

Back
Top Bottom