Walking dead knife on sale

What makes a kac, noveske, or a lmt more worth more than a bushmaster, dpms, or even a colt 6920? It is about quality, limited availability/quanity, and the end user.

Nothing wrong with a 1997 mustang gt but I would rather have an Eleanor like gone in seconds. Same concept with knives. A kershaw or cold steel is absolutely fine... but a hinderer, chris reeve would be better. A burch or marfione would be even better.

True, and if the market didnt support the price, they wouldnt be at that price. Im just not versed enough knife speak to appreciate the differences. I like the art aspect of the things, wherein it is less a question on utility than that of form and design. Still, not at a place where i could mentally justify the cost.

As for the higher end ar platforms, besides fit and finish i do not see much differnce between my noveske and my smith and wesson, and again not being expertly versed in the realm of accuracy would be hard pressed to tell which one is more accurate. This sentence preceeding is part of the reason i am curious with the knife arguement those who own high end blades. I wonder if after procuring the unobtainable excalibur blade if the majority of buyers can actually point out the differences between two like knives of vastly different costs and still feel they have received they value that has been paid for. There are far too many industries and products that jack up their prices to premium level and call items limited additions in hopes of attracting the premium buyers market.

Again, not attacking anyones choices here, but I would like an honest response to if buyers remorse occurs in knives like it does in cars and guns, and besides fit and finish does one gain extra utility (longevity, blade hold edge better, etc).

True, and if the market didnt support the price, they wouldnt be at that price. Im just not versed enough knife speak to appreciate the differences. I like the art aspect of the things, wherein it is less a question on utility than that of form and design. Still, not at a place where i could mentally justify the cost.

As for the higher end ar platforms, besides fit and finish i do not see much differnce between my noveske and my smith and wesson, and again not being expertly versed in the realm of accuracy would be hard pressed to tell which one is more accurate. This sentence preceeding is part of the reason i am curious with the knife arguement those who own high end blades. I wonder if after procuring the unobtainable excalibur blade if the majority of buyers can actually point out the differences between two like knives of vastly different costs and still feel they have received they value that has been paid for. There are far too many industries and products that jack up their prices to premium level and call items limited additions in hopes of attracting the premium buyers market.

Again, not attacking anyones choices here, but I would like an honest response to if buyers remorse occurs in knives like it does in cars and guns, and besides fit and finish does one gain extra utility (longevity, blade hold edge better, etc).
like anything else, yes and no. Small batch heat treating where the maker is performing under very controlled and very repeatable conditions I believe those blades will usually out-perform mass produced knives. Not all customs high-end knives are heat treated like this. I test my heat treating process through very unscientific methods at the moment. But I'm still testing them... Once I can afford a Rockwell tester, I'll be able to actually document and measure what small differences in process do to the end result. After that my next purchase will be some sort of digitally controlled cryo equipment. Cryo quenched steel (based on my research and discussions with materials sciences professors at GA Tech) will outperform its non cryo counterpart as much as 400%. And those results aren't based on rope and cardboard cutting. I don't know the test parameters but I know they are more scientific than that.

Large batch treated and mass produced knives just don't have those measures in place. Again though will you be able to tell the difference, and does that difference make up for the much much higher cost? Idk. Up to you.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom