• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther PPX M1 - Help

Rose13Bud

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Hi

What do you think of the Walther PPX M1? Are Walther's still a good gun?
I was thinking for the house and maybe the range.
I would appreciate any feedback.

thanks

I have a friend with a PPQ which I assume is very similar. This past weekend he went through a 1000 class under Tom Givens and it never hiccuped. I was talking to him about it and he said it had been probably another 1000 since he had taken the slide off and cleaned the gun. This guy carries every day and farms for a living so the gun is exposed to some pretty harsh conditions. The gun is incredibly accurate and reliable.

The PPX is a nice shooter with an great trigger. They are excellent for a day at the range, but a bit big for EDC unless you're on the large side. They do have feed issues with heavy grain bullets and are not rated for plusP ammo, so you'd need to carefully select SD ammo if using for home defense.

The PPX is a nice shooter with an great trigger. They are excellent for a day at the range, but a bit big for EDC unless you're on the large side. They do have feed issues with heavy grain bullets and are not rated for plusP ammo, so you'd need to carefully select SD ammo if using for home defense.

I am new to this. What is plus p ammo?

thanks

I have a friend with a PPQ which I assume is very similar. This past weekend he went through a 1000 class under Tom Givens and it never hiccuped. I was talking to him about it and he said it had been probably another 1000 since he had taken the slide off and cleaned the gun. This guy carries every day and farms for a living so the gun is exposed to some pretty harsh conditions. The gun is incredibly accurate and reliable.

Good to know - thanks for the info

PPX is a new pistol that is based on the PPQ model. It's a good EDC option, it costs less than a PPQ in price. But to be frank people compare it to a Hi-point in the looks department.... It is picky on the type of ammo it will feed, if you don't know what type of ammo just check online and see what kind of ammo it likes and stock up on that if you do choose a PPX. MHO save up and by a PPQ much better option, trigger reset stock gives 1911's a run for their money. Walther P99's old school ones I still believe are the cream de la cream in terms of Walther firearms.

Another note in a nutshell plus P or +p is ammo that has more of a kick than it's counter-part. Designed to be fired out of pistols with shorter barrels ie Glock 19 or Glock 26. With compact models that lose the barrel length, ammo was designed to burn faster giving max. powder burn and faster bullet coming out of the barrel. Some pistols even compact models are not rated for +p ammo and could mess up your barrel after alot of continuous use. People usually use +p ammo for SD only because they are hard hitting giving the 9mm vs .40 option negate.

Another note in a nutshell plus P or +p is ammo that has more of a kick than it's counter-part. Designed to be fired out of pistols with shorter barrels ie Glock 19 or Glock 26. With compact models that lose the barrel length, ammo was designed to burn faster giving max. powder burn and faster bullet coming out of the barrel. Some pistols even compact models are not rated for +p ammo and could mess up your barrel after alot of continuous use. People usually use +p ammo for SD only because they are hard hitting giving the 9mm vs .40 option negate.

Thanks for both of your posts - gave me alot ot info

Back
Top Bottom