Warm up your house hacks...

This works very well.

20211105_104428.jpg

We have fire place downstairs that will heat whole house if power goes out! Heat pump down stairs and 1 upstairs. We had to replace upstairs heat pump last year in January and I bought a pretty good electric heater to get by for five days while it was replaced and used little firewood. Wife has to have it 70 degrees to be warm and heat pump comes on about every 30 to 45 minutes in this cold weather last couple days.

Have a heat pump which is usually very efficient cooling and heating. Dirty little secret on the heat pumps - they are not designed for 20 degrees and lower. So I installed a Mr Heater free standing propane heater in the other end of the house. Fill the 100# tank once a year for $85. Ran it last few days to supplement the heat pump. Heat strip ($$$) hardly comes on at all and we stay a toasty 73 during the day and 70 at night.
PS. Those oil filled radiator electric heaters are GREAT!

Was out in my shop this morning at 0300 getting my kerosene heater. The heat pump was running nonstop and it was 56 in the house. Outside windchill was -7. Kero ran for about 12 hrs and only used a little over a half tank. Just refilled it. We also have been having a ton of power outages. Kero runs no matter what.View attachment 5123429
16719426346632833242946026045966.jpg

Back
Top Bottom