Was this you as a kid.

Dirt bikes, skate boards, pellet rifle wars, dirt clod battles, bows & arrows & cardboard "armor," sword fights, fireworks/Roman candle fights, rafting down the creek on homemade contraptions, it's a wonder we lived past puberty, but no wonder all the kids in the neighborhood hung out with us.

Brother and I would shoot our arrows straight up in the air. Whoever wasn’t shooting had to look at the ground during the shot. Then we would wait for the arrow to land. Never got hit but after some landed close you would start to get nervous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brother and I would shoot our arrows straight up in the air. Whoever wasn’t shooting had to look at the ground during the shot. Then we would wait for the arrow to land. Never got hit but after some landed close you would start to get nervous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah yes arrow roulette. Similar to bottle rocket roulette where you light a bottle rocket and toss it up in the air to see which direction it would take off. One time we even got the balls to try it with a roman candle. We made the mistake of forgetting that behind the first fireball are nine more that are going to come out in the same direction though. I entered 5th grade with only one eyebrow but it was a great conversation starter.

Back
Top Bottom