• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WASR AK 47 / Norinco SKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGLEW

Air Force Icon Supporter
AKA: BIG PRETTY - BDR1
446   0
Reaction score
Picked up a WASR AK 47 10/63 a couple of weeks ago. Finally got out to shoot it yesterday and needless to say I am very happy. It grouped very well, was fairly accurate (more accurate than I expected for an AK) and ran perfect. I did have problems right out of the gate, but was a magazine problem and got it straight fairly quickly.

I have been told the WASR were junk. But with my experience, for now, I am happy. I was using steel cased ammo and ran over 120 rounds down the tube. The trigger is nice, smooth with a great crisp break. The only thing I am not wild about is how hot that forward grip gets during rapid firing. But I am picking up a tapco stock for her next week and hope that will help with the problems.

Also took my SKS out. I would bet we put around 30 rounds through her. Shot smooth, accurate and grouped well. Of the two, most everyone there enjoyed shooting the SKS more than the AK, myself included. But I favor the SKS more.

Shot the same ammo, had one bump fire on the second and third round. After that, there was no more incidents like that.

All in all, I am very happy with the two rifles. The SKS is up for trade / sale now only because I have two of them. However, if she does not go anywhere, then I will be happy to keep her in my cabinet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom