• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Weather may turn a bit this weekend- How are you adjusting?

Well I got off of my ladder because sun was in my face so I walk up the hill towards the house and I see one doe.... Two more does and then two more coming up from my left behind a thicket.
I'm frozen solid in the middle of the path.
A little one starts walking towards me and looks through me several times.
I'm scanning them all with my eyeballs looking for a shot on a big one.
I've got my eye on this dark gray mama in the back.
The little one comes closer.... Then five yards away mama looks at her then starts bobbing her head at me.... Right there I knew I was toast.
Mama blows and jumps about 20 feet sideways , takes one big bound, stops and turns towards me and start walking my way for a better look.
I know if I raise the crossbow she will bolt so I stand frozen scanning them all with my eyes.
My heart wasn't pumping much believe it or not because I was trying to keep it together .
Mama then bolts blowing like mad with two smaller ones following .
The other two to the left remained and stood frozen for about 15 minutes looking my way.
Eventually the smaller one moved and offered a broadside but I didn't shoot because I wanted the bigger one.
Well the bigger one stayed covered by deadfall and eventually they showed me their behinds and walked dead away from me .
I snuck to a nice pile of deadfall and waited for another half hour but they must have given me the slip .
The whole time mama was blowing from 70 yards away then quit.
Well at least I know this cool weather changed their patterns.

I must have walked up that hill pretty quietly because I came right up on those suckers and they kept looking off in other directions at every noise they heard.
Also nice to know my leafy Camo works well and I think mama caught my scent because I didn't shower before I went out.
I'll give it a day and try again .

Last edited:
For some reason I thought primitive weapons was through Saturday so I am kind of bummed. Today I saw a doe while I was pulling in to my hunting location and didn't see anything but tree rats all day. Right as the sun was going down I decided to throw in the towel and started going down the tree. I get to the ground and as I am hopping out of my climber onto the ground I all of a sudden see three tails fly up and take off running. Going to go back at it again tomorrow. Hoping to bag one with the muzzle loader while it is buck or doe. I was wondering about the weather and deer movement as well on Saturday. I am just bummed that it is buck only where I hunt (neighbor has property I use up in Franklin county).

Think we here will be just find.
IMG_4765940540649.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom