• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What are good prices now?

Cmax Arms

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Ok, loading supplies are coming back. I am a noob and what to know what are considered good pricing. Not mail order(don't want to deal with Hazmat), but at a local supplier. Try for out the door pricing (cost + tax).

I will start....
1lb Reloader 22 for $22.00 otd
8lb Red Dot for $112.50 otd
CCI 500 (SPP) primers $35.95/1000 otd

Thanks Cmax :cool:

26 BUCKS FOR PRIMERS ONLINE. but must add hazmat fee of 28.50 .

I ussually get 10,000 at a time to absorb the hazmat and shipping fees

Total ends up around $32/1000.

well can't help with local prices myself, until the brick and mortar guys get close to online then I will stay there.
CCI primers (all that I use) 23 per K for standard , 26 for magnum primers.
I use Accurate #5, HP-38 and unique, they range from 16 -23 bucks per pound, in 4-6-8 pound cans its cheaper.
Haz mat isn't a big deal unless you are trying to buy 2 pounds of powder and /or 1 -K primers.
to each his own but that's not even enough to consider ordering.
the last I got was 8 pounds of Acc #5, 2 pounds of HP-38 and 2 pounds of unique along with 8 K primers.
I think delivered to my door , haz mat , shipping, and of course no tax was an average of 20 bucks per pound on the powder and 25 bucks per K on the primers.
the Haz mat charge just kind of disappears when ordering like that.
OH and did I mention that I had to walk to the front door and pick it up, couldn't drive my car up on the front porch.
I discourage everyone from ordering on line however, that way there is more for me.

Living down the road from Georgia Arms has its advantages :) I usually drive by there twice a day.

The one problem I see in general is the huge increase in quality bullet prices. Seems like a 100 piece box of lets say of a generic .308" 165 grain SPBT is about $25-$30 no matter where you look. And Sierra Match Kings (.308) at around $35-$40 per 100 is pretty darn expensive to me.

I think the days of when I was able to reload a box of .30-'06 using a quality jacketed bullet for around $5-$7 are over.

Regards,

Rob

Living down the road from Georgia Arms has its advantages :) I usually drive by there twice a day.

The one problem I see in general is the huge increase in quality bullet prices. Seems like a 100 piece box of lets say of a generic .308" 165 grain SPBT is about $25-$30 no matter where you look. And Sierra Match Kings (.308) at around $35-$40 per 100 is pretty darn expensive to me.

I think the days of when I was able to reload a box of .30-'06 using a quality jacketed bullet for around $5-$7 are over.

Regards,

Rob

yeah, I have felt that the rifle bullets are way out of line. I have not started to load any rifle rounds :cool:yet due to that. I been loading pistol and shooting pistols all season...but I keep shopping....

Back
Top Bottom