• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you favorite pistols? (Which should I buy?)

What is your favorite pistol you have ever owned/shot? You can base it on cool factor, reliability, anything. I am in the market for a new pistol. I've looked at FN's, Glocks, HK VP9, Etc. I can't decide. They are all so different. Which gun should I go with? What would be your top pick?

I went with a Berretta 92f, same gun I carried in the MILITARY. I had work done on the trigger and other Parts.

Regular carry pieces are the S'field Mod 2 9mm 4" or the Sig P365, but my FAVORITE guns are my CZ PCR and RAMI. I just don't normally carry those. I trust them completely, but don't want to lose them to the authorities for 5 years if I had to use them in a situation. Long story made short, we lost a pistol to the authorities for 5 years after a regretful deal.

For me EDC came down to weight, comfort and most importantly reliability. For a few years it was a German manufactured PPK/S, with Corbon 90 grain JHP's. Then I went dark and started carrying a Glock 42 with Strike Industries mag base plate extensions, and Hornady XTP ammo. My second mag for either gun has always carried Glaser Safety Slugs blue tipped. When I was working it was whatever the dept. gave me.

I could never seem to get used to the angle of the handle on my G-17, but if I was going to war and could only have one pistol, and could practice with it exclusively, it would be a Glock 17.

just sayin'

My EDC is a SIG P320 Pro Carry in 9mm. But my favorite pistols are the Beretta 92 family: M9, 92FS, 92X, 92X Performance. To me, they're simply a work of art and perform flawlessly. Just little large to conceal carry.

Then there's the HK USP 45...

Absolutely about Beretta 92 pistols. Smoothest slide and action, great sights and absolutely accurate. My M9A3 is the best pistol I’ve owned.

Back
Top Bottom