What did you do for Memorial Day?

My wife and I rode the bike to Washington for Rolling Thunder. We were able to locate the Obama memorial just by the reflecting pool. Screenshot_2013-05-24-18-18-42.jpg

I pushed a road through a swamp so the 2 bodies involved in a plane crash in Bibb Co. could be recovered. Wasn't on my "to do" list for the day, kinda just came up. Other than that, it was a normal relaxing day off with the family.

Nick T

I went to my Grandfather's(WW2 Vet) grave and put a flag and some flowers on it, then went to my Aunt and Uncle's house up at Lake Lanier and went for a boat ride and drank some cold beer then had a cookout.

As gay as this sounds, that made me tear up. Good job man.

Where is that cemetery? I'd like to do the same with my son next year.

Any National Cemetery near you would be great. http://www.cem.va.gov/
This one happened to be Marietta

As he gets older he is going to put it all together.
His Grandfather(my Father) died Last May 6 of complications from long term Dioxin exposure (Agent Orange)
Cardiac failure, stroke, Kidney failure, liver failure, Muscular atrophy and neurological degeneration.

I am glad that my son got to meet his grandfather (who was supposed to have 3 months left to live in 2008) and that my father got to meet the last of his grandsons.
Not all of our veterans die on battlefields far away, some bring the wound home with them and they die slowly, painfully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom