What happened to BJ?

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Is anybody good anymore? Just when you think someone is unstoppable they get destroyed.

Lyoto, Fedor, Anderson, and BJ.

Yeah, it really shocked me that Penn got outclassed after already being beat by Edgar before. I know it went the distance, but I figured he would be more prepared. I am just glad Randy did what we thought he would.

Don't think BJ expected that dude to be so fast- Penn looked like he was trying to catch him the entire fight- but just couldn't,.
But the Couture fight- loved it-- Big Boy won't be talkin all that smack now !

I Love BJ Penn, always will. He is a class champion, but the moment he walked into the octagon, he just didn't look like he was in it to win it. I know they have strategy, i know the games.....but with the inflow of awesome new talent and guys wanting to make a name for themselves, you HAVE to show up every single time better than the last.
Like in any sport, there will be a new group taking over. The days of Hughes, Liddell, Franklin, Gracie, are going away. These guys aren't gone, but they won't dominate anymore.

The sport has changed every single month since its debut. It went from brawling to the technical of Jui Jitsu and Muy Thai now. More than ever.

But thats wht we love it, right?

Oh yea I love UFC just about more than any sport but you are right about the new guys coming up. I love hughs, liddell, and all the old fighters but people like GSP, Jon Jones, Frankie Edger, and so on are fighting harder and are much younger so they want it more. BJ Penn is one of the best natural fighters of all times but he got lazy and was not ready for the fight. He will condition and come back and kill everyone for a while just like he always does. LOL

The real thing about BJ has always been the fact that he doesn't NEED to fight. He and his family are like Royalty in Hawaii.
Also the fact that he is the first and maybe the ONLY non Brazilian to win a Jui Jitsu world Championship. I may be off on the only...but he has a style. He just didn't prep or something this fight. He was sooooo laid back in the pre-fight and during. Plus his corner was giving **** for technical support to fight.

Like football games...Any Given Saturday. You have 2 competitors that train just as hard and want it just as bad.

But GSP has done nothing but get better. That guys conditioning amazes me. And Brock? Who int he world has the answer for him. He has seriously gotten better every fight. Sure, a haymaker could possibly get him.....but they had better do it quick, because he doesn't like to be in there too long.

Back
Top Bottom