• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what happened to the germans firarms and military equipment after they lost the war

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
i was thinking about how many guns and military vehicles germany had in the war, and what happened to it all?

i see examples in museums and in private collections, but not enough to even account for the mass produced vehicles just rusting away if they ran out of gas or were abandoned where they were at after the loss as

i mean they made alot of pistols durign that time but they are so rare that they cost $1000 at the store now

Last edited:
i was thinking about how many guns and military vehicles germany had in the war, and what happened to it all?

i see examples in museums and in private collections, but not enough to even account for the mass produced vehicles just rusting away if they ran out of gas or were abandoned where they were at after the loss as

i mean they made alot of pistols durign that time but they are so rare that they cost $1000 at the store now

You're looking in the wrong places.

They did not have many vehicles or aircraft left that were serviceable at the end of the war. People hated nazi germany and scrapped almost everything that reminded of the war. No one at the time looked at them as historic pieces--they represented death and oppression and were happily destroyed without much fanfare.
Millions of Mausers, Lugers, P38s were captured by Russia, Yugoslavia and the Allies. After the war, the Russians refinished millions and stored them until about 10 years ago when they finally decided WW3 wasn't going to happen and sold most of them to us. The Yugoslavs refinished thousands, Israel was given tens of thousands of mausers and they rebarrelled into 762x51.

The allies dumped millions of axis weapons and US weapons into the ocean at the end of the war.

Back
Top Bottom