What happened to the guitar market?

Ringorock

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
EyTeeEff
62   0
Reaction score
Was jumping onto my online retailer to grab a Jackson soloist. I saw one for $1600. Thought US Jackson's were coming in at a lower price. Made in China??? Um. Ok. Since when we're we paying over a grand for MIC guitars? Last time I bought one, the only things commanding that price tag were MIA, MIJ, and occasionally MIK. What happened?

I know absolutely nothing about guitars but I can tell you exactly what happened. Hope y'all enjoyed those stimulus checks. And I hope all the other countries around the world enjoyed the other 80% of the spending that was included in the same bill.

When the government prints a ton of money, the prices of things go up. This is called inflation. It's basically across the board.

Until people quit buying hobby items the prices will never correct, but so much more money flooded, people started blowing it.

I don't know why so many Americans got so excited over "free" money, now they see how much that is costing us.

When the government prints a ton of money, the prices of things go up. This is called inflation. It's basically across the board.

Until people quit buying hobby items the prices will never correct, but so much more money flooded, people started blowing it.

I don't know why so many Americans got so excited over "free" money, now they see how much that is costing us.
I understand inflation, but Jackson is positioning these guitars as Soloists. I remember when they started making S3 in Kore or Indo for $900-$1100. But $1700 for a MIC soloist? Soloist should have always been reserved for USA. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom