• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have these clowns been smoking???

You can ask whatever you want, doesnt mean you will get it. In order to get that kind of money it needs to have something going for it, but it doesnt. Its not new, its not a classic muscle car, its antiquated as hell. Its not fast, it doesnt get exceptionally good gas mileage, it wont turn, it wont stop, its not a good looking car, in fact, I think its safe to say the general public would be ashamed to be seen in it (including myself) It wont carry a lot of people, its not a good off road vehicle (4x4) Not to hurt anybodys' feelings, but in short its a 3000 pound turd.

Okay, in my defense I only just saw this thread! We had a ‘76 Pacer when I was a kid, and I drove it quite a bit. Ours had a Jeep/Willys in-line six cylinder and an three speed manual transmission. It was a heavy car, but it was actually quite fast. A friend had a ‘67 Mustang with a 289, and I beat that car at a 1/4 mile a lot of times. Several different drivers, just cuz no one believed it wasn’t an accident! The Mustang looked a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot better. The tranny on the Pacer went out, and the parts for a rebuild were going to cost three times as much as what my Dad paid for the car. That was about 30+ years ago, so I can only imagine how much parts would be now.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom