• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best closemquaters non Nfa

Good ole text to speech, sucks on a good day. Everyone has different expectations and layouts or close quarters stuff. Without knowing more than what I think I understood, It would be a non AR platform in 9mm or 45 aco. From there, it depends on the budget and preferences. Good luck.

A friend of mine is thinking about getting his first centerfire rifle, a carbine of some sort. He doesn't want the muzzle blast and noise of a normal rifle caliber so I suggested a pistol caliber carbine. He wants it to be optics ready so that leaves out the USGA .30 carbine which would otherwise be a great choice (kind of expensive, tho, since prices are nearly $1000.)

But, AR-15 looking rifles don't appeal to him. The tactical black commando / SWAT type guns with pistol grip stocks and ventilated handguards aren't his style.
The Marlin Camp Carbine in 9 mm would be a good choice, with his conventional wouldn't stock, but since it's long been discontinued, and nobody can say about the availability of spare parts for future repairs...

The new Ruger PC Carbine looks like his best choice, and the only thing really tactical about it is the ugly black color to the synthetic stock. If that is the only thing holding up his approval of that gun, I will suggest he get it ceracoated with what that looks like a wood finish.

You have been missed here too bro.
C5780E28-3823-4CE8-9B11-233E5A673D76.gif

I like the VZ2008 , PSA had them years ago for $399 with five mags , folding stock, Bayonet. Light , short and loud. Shes a thumper. Reminds me I wish I had not lost mine in the tragic boating accident.

A friend of mine is thinking about getting his first centerfire rifle, a carbine of some sort. He doesn't want the muzzle blast and noise of a normal rifle caliber so I suggested a pistol caliber carbine. He wants it to be optics ready so that leaves out the USGA .30 carbine which would otherwise be a great choice (kind of expensive, tho, since prices are nearly $1000.)

But, AR-15 looking rifles don't appeal to him. The tactical black commando / SWAT type guns with pistol grip stocks and ventilated handguards aren't his style.
The Marlin Camp Carbine in 9 mm would be a good choice, with his conventional wouldn't stock, but since it's long been discontinued, and nobody can say about the availability of spare parts for future repairs...

The new Ruger PC Carbine looks like his best choice, and the only thing really tactical about it is the ugly black color to the synthetic stock. If that is the only thing holding up his approval of that gun, I will suggest he get it ceracoated with what that looks like a wood finish.
I like the Ruger PCC so much I bought a second one.

I would argue that a bullpup of some flavor would be best for CQB. An X95 just so happens to be my go to home defense gun. They can be had in 9mm too. Compact but still gets the velocity and better sight radius over a pistol. Downfall is the price because they aren't as cheap as some of the others mentioned. My 2 cents at least.

Back
Top Bottom