What is the shortest barrel length you can go on a 12ga Dbl Barrel Shotgun?

rlt3241963

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
What is the shortest barrel length you can go on a 12ga Dbl Barrel Shotgun? And, what brand is the least expensive 12ga Dbl Barrel Shotgun with a short barrel length? I'm looking for something good, not a piece of crap but I don't want the most expensive Shotgun on the market.

Shortest you can go on any shotgun is a 18 inch barrel. Most are 18.5 to play it safe. Any shorter than that you have to get a tax stamp

What is the shortest barrel length you can go on a 12ga Dbl Barrel Shotgun? And, what brand is the least expensive 12ga Dbl Barrel Shotgun with a short barrel length? I'm looking for something good, not a piece of crap but I don't want the most expensive Shotgun on the market.

The barrel can not be shorter than 18 inches and the overall length must be 26 inches (I would add 1/2 inch to each in case your cut needs to be refined). To measure the official barrel length, close the action and drop a long dowel rod into the barrel. This measures from the breach face.

12G Shortgun 005.jpg

The barrel can not be shorter than 18 inches and the overall length must be 26 inches (I would add 1/2 inch to each in case your cut needs to be refined). To measure the official barrel length, close the action and drop a long dowel rod into the barrel. This measures from the breach face.

View attachment 177280
Is that a new england arms?

18" but most mfg do 18.5" for no questions. I don't think I would ever want a SHORT BARREL SHOTGUN.

Back
Top Bottom