What is the worst deal you have ever seen on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Invalid comparison. Does the ODT member have license fee's to pay? Store front rent, county property taxes on inventory, sales tax to collect and send in??" How do you know they do not - I have met both buyers and sellers here with store fronts, that said none of our concern.

"Or is he just trying to profit off of a lean/hard time??" Or did they have the foresight and invest properly? Like been said thousand times here - don't like price move along.

"If he had bottled water for sale for $10 a bottle in an area devastated by hurricanes/tornadoes/etc, would you feel the same way or be outraged??" Would NOT be of concern to me, IF I was not prepared it would be on me - period.

"Serious question. And your answer will define your character...." fine by me, you know the thing about opinions - and like pretty much all of them here - they mean nothing to me!
Thanks for the honest response.

Let's say the ODT Price Militant was as successful as they think they'd be "shaming" a "gouger" into lowering his price. Who gains? The whiner that buys it and then trades it or sails it himself or the momo that buys a 100 rds of 9mm for $50, then blows 93 of his 100 rds of ammo 'stash every time he goes to the blasting range? Certainly not the sailor who sold his items for 50% less than all the other sellers meeting record demand.

What if people were allowed to comment on ads they deem "over priced?" Many sailors would not list here at all, using other venues to supply the ready market. Then the whiners really lose as there's less stuff here for them to try to trade their Ho Points, Gluck and SCCYs for.

I know I'm wasting time and text posting this but you whiners really are something. Maybe we could have the Federal government step in and stop all this gouging since you got yourselves caught with your britches down.
Yeah yeah yeah
It is fun to stir the pot just a bit.

tas6691, I will use your words, Invalid Comparison. Comparing the selling of water in an area ravaged by disaster, is not the same as selling ammo. I know you are aware of the difference. Not a true test of my character at all.

Some like to complain about the seller of ammo, guns, whatever, that they feel is overpriced. Why not complain about the buyers of the overpriced items? Without the buyers, the sellers would not exist. Of course, if you complain about the buyers, you will fall into the category of telling people how to spend their money. You have a choice if you feel an item is overpriced. You can say, to yourself, what a POS, and move on from the ad. Or, you can buy what they are offering. I chose to move on and not worry about the price if I am not going to buy it.

Let's say the ODT Price Militant was as successful as they think they'd be "shaming" a "gouger" into lowering his price. Who gains? The whiner that buys it and then trades it or sails it himself or the momo that buys a 100 rds of 9mm for $50, then blows 93 of his 100 rds of ammo 'stash every time he goes to the blasting range? Certainly not the sailor who sold his items for 50% less than all the other sellers meeting record demand.

What if people were allowed to comment on ads they deem "over priced?" Many sailors would not list here at all, using other venues to supply the ready market. Then the whiners really lose as there's less stuff here for them to try to trade their Ho Points, Gluck and SCCYs for.

I know I'm wasting time and text posting this but you whiners really are something. Maybe we could have the Federal government step in and stop all this gouging since you got yourselves caught with your britches down.
You have a valid point. But many of us would like to be able to afford to go down to the local academy and pick up a box of 500 9mm for $79 like we did four months ago. But instead there’s a line of the same guys every single day buying everything. While there is a shortage of sorts. These guys are creating an artificial crisis by buying everything they possibly can in an effort to inflate the prices. Example, you go to the gulf coast and buy every single generator available then list for 3x the amount. They don’t have to buy it but you’ve created an artificial crisis.

Because people buy 60k keeps that are trash vehicles with literally tons of mechanical issues as status symbols, they then throw on 20k in Barbie accessories and 90% never leave pavement. Raptors on the other hand are just stupidly overpriced trucks that serve no real purpose other than to inflate the ego, but at least they aren’t trash. I personally wouldn’t own anything made by a bunch of overpaid union alcoholics that have no quality control in place nor accountability for actually building a quality product. Dora vile was a great example of that. That being said people can spend their money any way they wish

got it. thanks for the explanation.

You have a valid point. But many of us would like to be able to afford to go down to the local academy and pick up a box of 500 9mm for $79 like we did four months ago. But instead there’s a line of the same guys every single day buying everything. While there is a shortage of sorts. These guys are creating an artificial crisis by buying everything they possibly can in an effort to inflate the prices. Example, you go to the gulf coast and buy every single generator available then list for 3x the amount. They don’t have to buy it but you’ve created an artificial crisis.
How do you know that it's the same old guys every day? You there every day doing the same thing?

tas6691, I will use your words, Invalid Comparison. Comparing the selling of water in an area ravaged by disaster, is not the same as selling ammo. I know you are aware of the difference. Not a true test of my character at all.

Some like to complain about the seller of ammo, guns, whatever, that they feel is overpriced. Why not complain about the buyers of the overpriced items? Without the buyers, the sellers would not exist. Of course, if you complain about the buyers, you will fall into the category of telling people how to spend their money. You have a choice if you feel an item is overpriced. You can say, to yourself, what a POS, and move on from the ad. Or, you can buy what they are offering. I chose to move on and not worry about the price if I am not going to buy it.
Your preaching to the choir. I just like to stir the pot occasionally.

I get it, I really do. I have been buying/selling/trading guns and gun related stuff on the innerwebs for over 20 years. Many years ago I was like a lot of folks are now....I'm gonna get the max price I can and make some $$ and buy more stuff at good prices and sell it for max price and so on and so on. And guess what...I got burned out, found out, and thrown out. Didnt take long to earn the reputation I got, and a long time to shed it. Someone wants to stock up on ammo, ar's, glocks whatever and make a killing the next panic rolls around...go for it. Personally I could care less. BTDT Wanna buy this overpriced crap?? Go for it, you shoulda been prepared before the panic but do what ya gotta do. I know far too many people on this sight and do far to many deals that never get posted because a text or call was made first. I choose who I deal with as do those who choose to deal with me. I also choose to deal fairly and honestly with those I come in contact with. And I sleep like a baby at night as well. What everyone else does??? Not my business or my problem.......but its fun to wind certain types up once in a while! ;)

Because people buy 60k keeps that are trash vehicles with literally tons of mechanical issues as status symbols, they then throw on 20k in Barbie accessories and 90% never leave pavement. Raptors on the other hand are just stupidly overpriced trucks that serve no real purpose other than to inflate the ego, but at least they aren’t trash. I personally wouldn’t own anything made by a bunch of overpaid union alcoholics that have no quality control in place nor accountability for actually building a quality product. Dora vile was a great example of that. That being said people can spend their money any way they wish
Sounds like jealousy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom