• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is wrong with young people now?

You've got to wonder at some point whats happened to the brains of younger people and especially what is going to happen to the brains of young kids now. My 6 year old daughter had been very good all day Sunday, which is usually device free day. Told her she could do whatever she wanted for an hour before dinner. 15 minutes later I walk in the lounge, she's got her school computer on her lap, Ipad to the side, mom's Iphone in one hand and the TV on. Watched for a minute, she was actively using all the devices, freaked me the hell out. Half expected a antenna to pop out of her head. The amount of stimuli they are exposed to is insane. I remember the first playstation coming out and comparing that to my dad playing with cans and sticks and getting milk delivered by horse and cart. I don't think the ratio of external stimuli/information would be that different between my dad and me as between me and my daughter. At some point we've got to tip over the point of people functioning differently, cause it feels like there's a different species branching off.

Robert Baden Powell , founder of the Boy Scouts said he got along with the kids because he "thought like them".
I have no problem dealing with younger people. I speak to them as though I was speaking to someone my age. "Pronouns"? I bypass that all together and talk to the person as I would a friend.
I approach everyone the way I would like to be approached. It works.

There's a lot to be said for this kind of approach. My job takes me all over town and sometimes I go into black neighborhoods in South Atlanta where I am the only white guy and I stick it out like a sore thumb. It was a little tense at first but I quickly learned to just brush it off and act normal. I've never had a problem and now after doing that for years I've got some pretty good friends down there. Just the other day we were laughing and joking about privilege meaning that they don't have to buy sunscreen like I do.

It's the digital generation. They have lost a lot of interpersonal skills.

I recently read a study that said that now approximately 1/3 of men under 30 are virgins. I suspect that is another symptom of the same problem.
In today’s demographic in the age that anger being discussed you would have to define “virgin” as most of that 1/3 would have had the butt cherry popped. Society is traveling a long dark death path, are we to far gone?

In today’s demographic in the age that anger being discussed you would have to define “virgin” as most of that 1/3 would have had the butt cherry popped. Society is traveling a long dark death path, are we to far gone?

If it hurts to sit down after you lose your virginity you're doing it wrong

I don't think the ratio of external stimuli/information would be that different between my dad and me as between me and my daughter. At some point we've got to tip over the point of people functioning differently, cause it feels like there's a different species branching off.
Early 2020 I had to cut off my cellphone for a time due to financial issues, went a month without it all together. I now can not use my cellphone but for the most basic of communication and that’s all. I realized how disassociated and empty communicating that way truly was.
The old vs new generations have been complaining about it each other for a millennia.

Rewind 85 years and the lost generation was complaining about the greatest generation…lol
I remember growing up hearing the same things from these grumpy old men at my grandparents church. Always thought they were kinda crazy but here I am.

However I do worry that kids nowadays are growing up to be “soulless“ unlike any generations prior. Some of the stuff kids do to each other now that I’ve seen first hand would make skin crawl. It’s definitely a stark contrast between the generations of old.

However I do worry that kids nowadays are growing up to be “soulless“ unlike any generations prior. Some of the stuff kids do to each other now that I’ve seen first hand would make skin crawl. It’s definitely a stark contrast between the generations of old.

That's a good point and I wonder how much that has to do with antifa and BLM burning things down with no remorse. None of those little punks ever had to taste their own blood after running their mouth to the wrong kid on the playground.

Back
Top Bottom