• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What should I do with tons of reloads ?

If you think the old fellow who loaded these knew his annular orfice from a hole in the ground, shoot them (for all the calibers that match guns you own), or give them away to whatever people (friends and family) have guns in that caliber, but WARN THEM that the ammo is reloaded and of unknown quality.

I'd take the chance.

I ended up with a ton of reloaded ammo several years ago. I won't sell it but I've been shooting it in quality guns ever since. Certain calibers I will never reload in my life

I definitely plann3d on keeping the ones I can shoot. But it’s the other stuff I was undecided on.

Yeah, he appeared to be thorough.

Every box is marked with all the expected markings ( bullet, powder type and grains, fps, etc...). Very few boxes are the same though. Like he’ll have on box of 55 grs powder and the nex box he’ll have 55.5 grs. So there are only 20 rounds of each specific load. So fo instance I have 7 boxes of 7mm mag, but no more than 20 rounds are loaded the same.

My friend wanted to sell them, but I’ve explained to him the issue with “selling” reloaded ammo to folks. So I’ve thought about just selling it as brass but “you got a pull them”. Not sure if that is an acceptable option ?

Sell them as components for the rounds you don't shoot. I've seen that a lot and for someone shooting odd calibers, a few hours spent pulling them is no,problem at all.

I have a 348 Winchester and have bought quite a few boxes of reloaded ammo just because I wanted the brass and even some of the bullets. I toss the powder and punch out the primer,tumble and start over.

I doubt I would do that for 223 or 308 but just about any other caliber I'd probably do it is the price is decent.

Shoot the calibers you have, price and advertise the rest as once fired brass and move on. Reloaders know what they are getting.

Here is my inventory.

Quantities are on the right.

I’ll answer any questions or sen specific
182EB6DD-99F6-4812-BAA3-B6B69C25BDFF.jpeg
2FC71944-A630-4552-A373-F31A6351976E.jpeg
pix

If you think the old fellow who loaded these knew his annular orfice from a hole in the ground, shoot them (for all the calibers that match guns you own), or give them away to whatever people (friends and family) have guns in that caliber, but WARN THEM that the ammo is reloaded and of unknown quality.

I'd take the chance.

I'm in similar situation. Well know and respected reloader had to leave town, go into nursing home. I ended up with thousands of loads. I tell people who reloaded it, and they can make up their own minds. No one has turned them down because they are reloads.

if you are confidant in his reloading abilities, shoot it, share the wealth with any one for rounds you can't use.

Back
Top Bottom