• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What should we do with the listings for sold/traded items?

What should be done with listings for items that are sold?

• Create a forum for sold items and move them there.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Just delete them!

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Leave it like it is now.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
I was just browsing the handguns and it was quite a mess! Seemed like every other listing was sold or traded already.

What should we do with the listings for items that have sold?

If anyone has any suggestions besides the ones in the poll please feel free to post it in here.

Is there any way to default the view for the section do display only unsold or open listings? Maybe have another view to "show all"?

Is there any way to default the view for the section do display only unsold or open listings? Maybe have another view to "show all"?

Eventually I'd like to get a custom classifieds area built with features like that but for the time being I am limited by what the software can do currently.

Leaving them visible in a "sold" forum would be great for research.

However, if we do that, I think that we should ask the OP's to leave all of the original info in the ad instead of deleting all of the vital info. If the OP's delete the asking price, caliber, condition, etc. then it wouldn't be worth much for research.

You see a lot of posts that just say "SOLD", and that's it. You don't even know what they were selling. Those posts should be deleted completely.

Can you make so all listings drop off after X amount of days. I use craigslist for other stuff and after 45 days
the ad goes away. I took a quick look and we have ads way back to may. If someone still has the item after X amount of days it can be listed again.

OR

Can we give the OP the option? Upon CLOSING a thread, they are given the choice to either delete it or move it to the "Sold/Traded" forum?

Any thread that isn't CLOSED after 45 days is automatically deleted.

Back
Top Bottom