What the heck is a C183?

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
So I just watched on the news an update on the Newtown shootings. They said that there was a holiday card with a Bank of America (ironically) check from the shooter's mom made out to the shooter (Adam Lanza) for the purchase of a C183 gun?

Three things that stand out to me about this:

1. What is a C183? Do they mean a CZ83? I've never heard nor seen a C183.
2. Since he was unable to purchase a firearm due to his mental state, was this a straw purchase attempt?
3. Bank of America's anti-gun response and actions post Newtown is now a "little more" understood. BOA knew that the Lanza's were their banking customers and that their bank was used to purchase the very guns that were used in the shootings.

Hopefully this thread won't derail and run into a wild conspiracy thread and ending up in Area 51.

So I just watched on the news an update on the Newtown shootings. They said that there was a holiday card with a Bank of America (ironically) check from the shooter's mom made out to the shooter (Adam Lanza) for the purchase of a C183 gun?

Three things that stand out to me about this:

1. What is a C183? Do they mean a CZ83? I've never heard nor seen a C183.
2. Since he was unable to purchase a firearm due to his mental state, was this a straw purchase attempt?
3. Bank of America's anti-gun response and actions post Newtown is now a "little more" understood. BOA knew that the Lanza's were their banking customers and that their bank was used to purchase the very guns that were used in the shootings.

Hopefully this thread won't derail and run into a wild conspiracy thread and ending up in Area 51.
1. As good guess as any. Very rare for a news organization to get something gun related incorrect. :)
2. When has it ever been said he was unable to purchase to a firearm due to his mental state? He just didn't want to wait the 14 days so stole his Mom's guns. Also how is her giving him money to buy his own gun a 'straw purchase'?
3. I doubt they thought about that. They were VERY anti gun long before this. Remember the McMillan stocks debacle?

1. As good guess as any. Very rare for a news organization to get something gun related incorrect. :)
2. When has it ever been said he was unable to purchase to a firearm due to his mental state? He just didn't want to wait the 14 days so stole his Mom's guns. Also how is her giving him money to buy his own gun a 'straw purchase'?
3. I doubt they thought about that. They were VERY anti gun long before this. Remember the McMillan stocks debacle?

Good points all around.
1. I know news organizations are always correct when it comes to facts, right?
2. He was diagnosed with A
spergers Syndrome, however according to question 11f. of ATF4473, I suppose he could have still legally purchased a firearm.
3. Yeah I forgot about the McMillan stocks debacle. I guess it's just another brick in the wall.

Question 11.f. Adjudicated Mentally Defective: A determination by a court,board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of markedsubnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:
(1) is a danger to himself or to others; or (2) lacks the mental capacity to contractor manage his own affairs. This term shall include: (1) a finding of insanity by acourt in a criminal case; and (2) Those persons found incompetent to stand trial orfound not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility.

If 11.f blanketly applies to anyone medically diagnosed with any form of Autism then.... Houston, we have a problem. :eek:
It's my understanding he went in to buy (not sure if he filled out the paperwork or not) and then left when told the wait was 14 days (I'm guessing he didn't get to paperwork but who knows). I suspect he could have legally purchased and the real whizzer about this is the point I've brought up to every gun grabber I meet. There is NO law that would have prevented him from doing what he was hell bent on doing. LEAST of all an AWB or mag restriction. About the ONLY thing that might have limited the disaster was armed resistance, period.

There is no such thing as a C183 gun. I read that on Yahoo who has posted story after story with their liberal BS. I finally changed my home page away from Yahoo (my BellSouth internet IP folded their homepage to Yahoo).

It seems obvious to me that the idiot was nuts and a danger to society. He had been banned from two schools and fired from his job. His mom wouldn't let him out in her car. He murdered his mom and stole her guns.

In retrospect, mom should have had a safe and locked up her guns. She knew he was a danger.

I've seen no new proposal that would avoid that tragedy. Banning sports rifles, banning magazine capacities, or requiring background checks for private transactions would have not helped.

Back
Top Bottom