• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What to do with an 80 % lower

Given how cheap lowers have gotten unless you want the challenge of finishing it or the ninja status of a completely off the books gun it's honestly pointless to finish it in my opinion. For what the tools would cost or what it would cost to have a manufacturer finish it you could buy several lowers.

If it's a polymer 80% you can finish it out with a Dremel and the appropriate drilling jig. If it's billet its gonna be a little harder. But you have to do it all yourself to stay legal. Of course there's plenty of YouTube videos on finishing them out.

If it's a polymer 80% you can finish it out with a Dremel and the appropriate drilling jig. If it's billet its gonna be a little harder. But you have to do it all yourself to stay legal. Of course there's plenty of YouTube videos on finishing them out.
If its polymer, save it as a paperweight or just throw it in the garbage. I would only mess with the aluminum ones.

If its polymer, save it as a paperweight or just throw it in the garbage. I would only mess with the aluminum ones.
Well I kind of agree. But there were a lot of the poly lowers sold over the last two years. And I'm sure some folks decided to go metal when lower prices bottomed out. But it would be okay for a dedicated 22 or 9mm build. I really want to try one of the TN Arms polymer lowers. They have brass imbedded in the crucial areas. They get good reviews too.

Well I kind of agree. But there were a lot of the poly lowers sold over the last two years. And I'm sure some folks decided to go metal when lower prices bottomed out. But it would be okay for a dedicated 22 or 9mm build. I really want to try one of the TN Arms polymer lowers. They have brass imbedded in the crucial areas. They get good reviews too.

9mm? You do realize that 9mm is twice as hard on an AR than 5.56. 9mm will tear stuff up quick.

I am sure the TN Arms work just fine. The 80% poly lowers on the market (I don't think TN Arms offers one) are just plastic crap. As noted above, unless doing it for the experience, you can buy a forged aluminum for $40-$50 new. No reason to even mess with an 80% unless your just wanting to do one out of principle.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Straight up mall ninja coolness.

I started with this:
IMG_1926.JPG

Did this to it following the instructions online:

1.JPG

Ending with this:

00001.JPG

20151226_224100.jpg

Assembled and ready to fire before Cerakote:
Mall Ninja coolness.