What type of Generator do you own ?

I thought about a much larger one but then thought I would rather have two smaller. Not to have all my eggs in one basket per say.

My WEN will run 240 and 120. Did a test run the other night. It ran my 20 meter 100 watt ham radio setup along with 3 fridges and a desk light. Ran flawlessly.

Ordered it off amazon $303 with free 2 day shipping (prime)

http://amzn.com/B003N9AT5G

I have a 10kw Kubota diesel with ASCO automatic transfer switch. We live at the dead-end of the power line and can be without power for days if not home no one notices the line is down between me and my nearest neighbor. Several times we have returned to find the generator running because the power was off for several hours. It is mostly for our (3) freezers and well pump. Down side of such a relatively large unit (for a residence) is that it will wet stack if run at minimum load for a long period.

I am now building a gazebo around it as my wife got tired of looking at the industrial looking weatherproof (not) enclosure.

Last edited:
MI-T-M 7500 I bought it because Im the only house on this transformer so when the power goes out it takes 8 plus hours to fix it, but Its always at night so ive never ran the generator.

Back
Top Bottom