Whats the point of a bug out bag? RANT warning

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
Just so I'm clear, you have a backpack of supplies and you are gonna leave your well stocked house and set off on foot with a backpack for what possible scenario? To where, and why?

Me thinks you guys watch to many movies and ill formed and overly active imaginations.

I used to live in New England, we had apocolypes all the time, it was called a "SNOWSTORM." We lost power (gasp), roads were impenetrable (horrors), grocery stores ran out of milk and bread and water (shiver)

Then the white concrete melted to water and normal returned.

Occassionaly we had an apocolype called a "Hurricane", and sometimes a "Nor' Easter", and sometimes the dreaded "ICE STORM," oh no, not ICE!!!!! - Same as above, usually with loss of electical power for a couple days, sometimes week in the case of a hurricane.

No zombies though, must be a southern thing. Zombies dont like the cold?

You guys are all wasting your time, money and energy on this ****.

SHTF, you (we) are ALL screwed. If society ends, we all end, just b/c you got some MRE, or ammo or precious metals doesnt mean you are going to be able to make it more than a couple days/ weeks longer than those that dont, kidding yourself into believing otherwise is fantasy.

Camping might be a fun idea - FOR THE WEEKEND, but not for the rest of your life, unless maybe you are a crazed mountain man with no family.

Sorry end of rant.

"We can skin a Buck we can run a trot line southern boy will survive! "

This rant is lackluster , a bug out bag is extra prep. I keep mine in my car in case I'm not at home when shtf.

Alright I have a bob I keep with me all the time in case I have to get home.
Also I have a pack at home because I'm close to the city and might not wanna hang out there. If motorized transportation is an option I will not be setting out on foot. The pack still has emergency equipment so it'll be in the truck too!
I have a place of refuge at a friends house farther south of the city so if I need to go ( last resort) I'm not trampling through the woods and becoming wilderness willy!

I have a question for you since you have posted a couple of threads now on this issue. Why does it bother you so much that other people prepare?

Do you have car insurance? Health insurance? Dental Insurance? Vision coverage? Home owners insurance? Do you have guns for protection?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom