• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats up with this website

If I click on any link in a post the computer freezes up and have to log out to get back on.When I disabled pop ups I can temp pop ups and have no problems.When I had hard drive cleaned,guy said more viruses come from ODT then any other
Bet liberals and anti gun are ddosing the odt!

ODT tends to load slower at times for me. It's recently loaded stripped mobile look pages.

It has occurred at home and at my office.

I assume it's heavier traffic or issues at the host.

I have DSL through Windstream but again, I can visit any site without a glitch with exception of ODT. Been a few times I've been too slow on the draw to get the one deal of the week due to slow access.

I have DSL through Windstream but again, I can visit any site without a glitch with exception of ODT. Been a few times I've been too slow on the draw to get the one deal of the week due to slow access.

What browser? What operating system? Have you tried a different computer and/or a different browser to see if there is a difference?

Since the latest server move a few months ago the site has been running great for me.

I also have DSL through Windstream but I have no problems on this site. Everything loads just as quickly for me here as it does anywhere.

I am running Windows 7 and using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

I'm computer illiterate so you'll have to excuse me. I have a Goggle Chrome, Windows Explorer icon at the bottom of the screen, My computer is a HP 2000 notebook. As far as running windows 7 I don't know.

I'm computer illiterate so you'll have to excuse me. I have a Goggle Chrome, Windows Explorer icon at the bottom of the screen, My computer is a HP 2000 notebook. As far as running windows 7 I don't know.

Gordy, unfortunately, it's really hard to pinpoint the issue based on the info you've provided. It could be any many factors, from the particular settings on your computer, your software, your DSL modem/router, among others.

Let's see if we can get through a simple test to figure out whether or not the problem it's related to your Internet connection:

At the very lower left of your screen, you have a button that either says "Start" or it's a round Windows icon. Click it.

If you computer has Windows version 7:

1) it has a prompt near the bottom that says "Search programs and files". In that box, type these letters: CMD and then press the ENTER key.

If your computer has Windows XP:

1) it has a menu choice on the lower right of the menu that says "Run". Click that choice. An input box will appear.
2) In that box, type these letters: CMD and then press the ENTER key.

After either of the above sequence of steps, a black window will appear with a command prompt. Type ping www.theoutdoorstrader.com and press the ENTER key.

This "ping" command sends a brief message to the ODT server and times how long a response takes. The finished product looks something like this:

odt-ping.jpg

What we'd like to know is average round trip time in milleseconds is, which is shown in the last line of the output.

P.S. For anyone else reading this thread, I'd be interested in knowing your average ping time, where you are pinging from (town or county), and what type of Internet connection you. It's always useful to accumulate real world feedback on how the server is performing.

Poor guy. He isn't computer savvy and being asked these questions.

I think the fact that he says everything else opens noticeably faster, and ODT answer the question for him.

Good luck Gordy

Back
Top Bottom