What's with the new way to haggle?

GLOCKISSUE I liked your $0.02 Thank you sir.
Just ugh hate to believe we have those in our midst. lol

Anytime. And I completely agree. Sucks we gotta keep our guard up, but that's life, I guess. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

We've done this before ;)

Haha I thought you looked familiar :roll:

So This has happened twice lately here on the ODT.

One posts item for sale price lets say $995.00 (Prices are fictional just to give an idea)
1.) We message then call about pricing and I'm told $1,000.00 bottom dollar.
2). Then due to my lack of funds I try to trade, That turns to well trade value has to be uhh. . . $1,100 ???
3). Then the conversation quickly goes to well bud, I have this other guy he wants it so bad, He said he'd pay
$100 more than anyone else who wanted it. So then he asks what can you do? That I pm'ed first and he wants to be fair. I really can let it go but twice recently with different members. I felt like I was back at the FORD deal in Griffin again. Just sayin.
4) Is it just me? Or are there others out there noticing this sales tactic?
5) I'm here to haggle not bid at an auction. Originally the prices with both members were fair or fair ish.
Then it's the old bait and switch.
I guess I could be wrong, and it just be that kind of luck that someone always messages after me with a higher price. Not likely it feels like a crappy sales tactic.
Let me give you the proper responses...
1). GLWS
2) GLWT
3) "Really? No matter what I offer someone else will give you $100 more? OK, I offer $10 million. Glad I could help you retire early. Now please give me $1 million back as a broker's fee and you can keep the rest. You're welcome!"
4) The way to not participate in an auction is to.... not participate in an auction. I don't 'haggle'. The price is either fair or it isn't. If I think it's slightly over priced I will offer ONE price at what I feel is reasonable to me if their asking price is close. If it's not close, I don't bother. Life is too short.

I realize it's aggravating but ultimately YOU are in control of every negotitation and people aren't selling life saving organs here.

Let me give you the proper responses...
1). GLWS
2) GLWT
3) "Really? No matter what I offer someone else will give you $100 more? OK, I offer $10 million. Glad I could help you retire early. Now please give me $1 million back as a broker's fee and you can keep the rest. You're welcome!"
4) The way to not participate in an auction is to.... not participate in an auction. I don't 'haggle'. The price is either fair or it isn't. If I think it's slightly over priced I will offer ONE price at what I feel is reasonable to me if their asking price is close. If it's not close, I don't bother. Life is too short.

I realize it's aggravating but ultimately YOU are in control of every negotitation and people aren't selling life saving organs here.

I'm gonna go with Geaux (see what I did there) on this one. He said it a little better than I did. Only a little bit though. Don't go letting your head blow up now, Geaux :mullet:

HAHAHA Just watched video thats awesome.

Also thank you for the advice. I just get frustrated when folks assume I'm slightly dumber than I actually am.

Back
Top Bottom