• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats your side hustle? How do you make money in an unconventional way?

I've always thought there would be some decent money on doing one-time-only tree trimming and downed-tree chainsawing for folks that (A) can't do it themselves and (B) never hired a professional landscaper, and never had any approach them and offer to do the work, but (C) can afford to spend $100 or $200 for an hour's worth of cutting wood and stacking it on some corner of the customer's yard.

Plenty of people have big dead limbs on the ground in their yards, or about to fall, and some of them are low enough that you could reach them with a ladder from the ground, or even a small chainsaw on the end of a fiberglass extension pole.

To keep it affordable, though, I'm thinking you might limit your services to just sawing and stacking on-site. If they want you to chip it or haul it away, then you need a big truck and trailer, you'll have to drive many miles to the local landfill to dump it, and pay good money to dump it....

I figure you could drive around, find yards that need this kind of work, knock on doors, leave business cards and a little note, and then tell them you'll be in their neighborhood (or nearby) for the next few hours, and you'll come back next weekend for the folks who want your services.

Until you drop one on someone’s house/tool shed/car/dog or child....lawsuit

Until you drop one on someone’s house/tool shed/car/dog or child....lawsuit

This and it ruins the industry for the real tree folks. Drives the price point way down, then when I give a estimate as an ISA Certified Arborist with millions in liability Ins, workmans comp, business license etc. they think I’m crazy.

This and it ruins the industry for the real tree folks. Drives the price point way down, then when I give a estimate as an ISA Certified Arborist with millions in liability Ins, workmans comp, business license etc. they think I’m crazy.
Per-zactly.

I had a buddy that bought and old dump truck and went to construction sites after houses were built and did clean up, made a lot of Money, not too mention all of the tools and supplies he found

I've always thought there would be some decent money on doing one-time-only tree trimming and downed-tree chainsawing for folks that (A) can't do it themselves and (B) never hired a professional landscaper, and never had any approach them and offer to do the work, but (C) can afford to spend $100 or $200 for an hour's worth of cutting wood and stacking it on some corner of the customer's yard.

Plenty of people have big dead limbs on the ground in their yards, or about to fall, and some of them are low enough that you could reach them with a ladder from the ground, or even a small chainsaw on the end of a fiberglass extension pole.

To keep it affordable, though, I'm thinking you might limit your services to just sawing and stacking on-site. If they want you to chip it or haul it away, then you need a big truck and trailer, you'll have to drive many miles to the local landfill to dump it, and pay good money to dump it....

I figure you could drive around, find yards that need this kind of work, knock on doors, leave business cards and a little note, and then tell them you'll be in their neighborhood (or nearby) for the next few hours, and you'll come back next weekend for the folks who want your services.
but you also think the 2nd amendment should come with restrictions, so your answers dont count anymore

Back
Top Bottom